Macro/meta ways of controlling track arrangement

So let's say I have this really sick groove running on 8 tracks on drambo, I can mute/solo tracks on the fly and keep partying for hours, but what if I want to randomly create sections, like have one track suddenly solo, or have tracks appearing one by one. I want to "randomize" the arrangement, so my own track surprises me. Of course I need to replace default master mixer with a customized one. Any advice on that? Has anyone built any stuff dealing with this scenario like controlled group tracks, that you can point me to?

I do actually have a killer 8 track idea boiling, I want to take it to the next level.

Comments

• Here is one solution that comes to mind...

generate random notes and send them to Feedback port; make sure in settings Feedback port is enabled for Control

Assign the range that’s being generated to control your clips in Launcher

Make sure no actual feedback is going on... :)

You can use time scaling to adjust the frequency of randomisation further...

This is just a proof of concept, haven’t done actual testing.

• You can use LFOs / CCs etc to generate other than random changes... or use same /similar concept to simply mute/solo tracks, allowing you to interact more with the interface while sh!t is happening in the background :)

• edited April 2023

Oh man, that is brilliant! Thank you so much, just what I needed

It’s going to require some time setting up but it will be so worth it

• And I’m sorry to inform you all, but I’ll probably post results at some point

• last time i tried, selecting a clip via midi also selects the clip's track. so any automated clip changes disrupt live manual control of other tracks. is this still so?