How about triggering fills ?

Hi there,

having a blast !!!

i don’t think this is Possible in the current setup.

this a great feature from the elektron machines to be able to trig fills in the fly really adds to the live performance ! Is there any way of pressing a fill button, engaging the«  fill » Conditional trigs ?

Take care,

Comments

• @jazzmess

On Elektron boxes you can set up one fill and trigger it with dedicated button.

In Drambo with SCENE CONDITION you can setup up to 16 fills and activate them with scenes.

• thanks !

does this means I have to give one of my 16 scenes to achieve this ?

• Yes, you use scene as a fill, by adding scene condition to trigs you want to appear as fills.

• Would love to see dedicated Fill function. Can get confusing/hectic having fills inside scenes and lot of the time you need to duplicate each scene (one with fill, one without) = A lot of settings to remember during jams!

• Yeah I agree, hence my question :-p and given the number of parameter that can be changed via scenes I d rather use them sparingly.

• + 1 fill trig.

Perhaps a pattern could be given 'fill' status. Which once triggered, will automatically go back to the previous pattern. That way you could have any number of different fills with full control for which fill you trigger.

• Ok guys :)

As some you remember, FILL was already here in one of prerelease version. But... ui was too busy, we had scene components so got rid of this. Was I wrong? ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2020

Yes, this works like fill with instant pattern switch setting... yet its different. I'm still not sure if we need this

• edited June 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I like your words :)

• 1 x vote for ‘Fill’ button resurrection @giku ;) Not priority but scenes/pattern have issues as substitutes. Having to menu dive and switch to/from instant pattern change every time you wanna hit a fill sounds pretty hellish..& using scenes = need to duplicate every one of your scenes (one with fill, one without...) and then keep mental note of it all during jams...

• I use a note Note repeat module with p-lock, but maybe that is not the effect you seek? I’m afraid I have no experience with hardware sequencers 🤷🏻‍♂️

• I quite like putting the fill pattern on a separate track. This sort of thing

Not confusing at all 😉

• Also a lot of fun: put a (cv) retrig module with the desired settings in the chain and mute by default. Then p-lock unmutes (or play them live) where desired. Nice bonus is you’re not limited to 1 step.