Set a parameters default value per scene

I would like the ability to set the default value of a parameter “per scene”. The issue is if you P-lock something at the start of the scene, it will go back to its default value on the next note on trigger in the loop. Then if I want to tweak that parameter in real time, it will always go back to the the P-lock value when the p-lock is activated again on the next loop.

On some scenes I don’t want to p-lock a parameter I just want to set it to a specific value for the duration of the scene. No cross fading morphs, just be able to tap a parameter and have an option that says “Scene start value” and set it.

This way you could basically reset a bunch of values when you switch scenes to allow a live performance to be much easier to control. You could be in scene 1 tweaking a filter while it loops and then when you select scene 2 the default value closes the filter completely (for example) so you can do other things.

Or even a “scene state” snapshot that you can set for the scene so that all the default values are whatever they are set to when you save that state.

does that make sense?

Comments

• I’m an idiot...replace the work “scene” with “pattern” everywhere above :P