Polyrhythms

Can’t make different track length to make polyrhythms and or independent track speed 😟

It is planed in a future update? πŸ™Œ

Comments

• You can do different track lengths with the Jump step component. Or go off grid with the sequencer modules :)

I think built in track length and speed may be slated for future, @giku please confirm :)

• Clips will solve this and not only this ;)

• edited April 2020

CLIPS CLIPS CLIPS!!!! Long Live CLIPS!!! :) Use them all the time in Modstep and Bitwig and Ableton :)

• Yeah clips will be insane. @TheInvisibleMan from my understanding the default order will still be pattern based, yeah @giku ? And if you want to decouple things you can?

• I think that’s what will come with clips. Individual clip speed and length, of you want it. I think it is essentially modularizing the sequencer.

• edited April 2020

It's how I roll in ModStep, and it's awesome :) Indivudal Clip lengths and speeds :)

• Clips huuum interesting πŸ˜‘

Damn I sold my Launchpad X last week 😨😣

• I think this fits in as an extension of this request?...

I would love for each track in the sequencer to have options for track step length, playback speed (1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8) and playback type - (forwards, reverse, pingpong, random)

Extra double amazing cool points if these values can be automated 😎

You can make some beautiful music in Fugue machine with similar (but limited) options, I can only imagine what's possible in Drambo if this can be realised.

• +1

While I have very high hopes for the "clips" feature, I'm slightly worried for it as well... Drambo is flexible and a "beast" as it is - not sure a sequencer-goes-clip-modular will make the experience easier :)

Track length & playback speed is really (almost) all that's missing to "replace" the OP-Z sequencer (excluding most step components).

• Adding my support for this request for the Drambo sequencer:

'I would love for each track in the sequencer to have options for track step length, playback speed (1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8)'

Cheers!

• I believe it is planned for each track to have separate lengths. Use jump component in the meantime.

• I would also like individual track speed and track length in that order of preference

• Ironically some early alpha versions had track speeds but only divisions of rather than multiplications which I found a bit strange. It got removed so Giku should already have template to work off.