Using CC to modulate external apps, Rhythmic beat synched on off??

So i would love to use drambo to generate a beat synched "on/off" to turn on and off different mutes and or FX in AUM.

would also love for this to be randomly generated, yet still in synch with the tempo.

ive tried using LFOs through midi to cc and midi out, but not quite getting the effect im after, perhaps there is a certain LFO setting im just not locking in? Another way to do it?

Im sure its quite simple and im just missing something,

Any Ideas?

Comments

• edited May 2020

yeah use scatterbrain or mozaic (brambos)

• @unterc thanks for the rec's, but im really looking to do this with drambo, as opposed to buying another app. i have some stuff by bram bos and i love it, just cant afford more right now.

I know drambo is absolutely capable of this, just havent figured out the signal flow yet.

• For tempo synced random, just use S&H (sample and hold). Feed the signal input of S&H with noise and your clock into the gate input. If you want on/off's (0's and 1's), you can then feed it through an AND with both inputs connected to the output of S&H.

You can also use the 2nd AND input as well as other logic modules to generate different types of algorithmic rhythms.

• edited May 2020

yeah but this is for AUM channel mute on bars/tempo. trick is to get it to work on midi out (note or cc) should be easy enuff doable, i gave up on this after i got scatbrain ..

edit; is this what you mean? got mute toggle to work on bars you have to fiddle with the random stuff modules but this works as a basic on off ( note 48 is C2 note 60 C3 etc...)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2020

Gravitas method is the Mozart mine is the Salieri way.. btw AUM got some nast delay when muting channels its too soft for my taste