Scratching

Using the scene fader for audio scrubbing is easy, but I'm toying with the idea of simulating scratching more realistically.

For instance, can I do the following?

1. When I move the fader left, the sound is muted (this would imply passing the fader position back to the rack, can I do that somehow?)
  2. Have maybe two instances of the same loop running in sync, only one sounding at a time: one for looping, other one for scratch. Then when I slide the fader completely right scene B keeps playing (the loop scene), but any time I move the fader left it enters scratch mode and I can scratch in tempo (using the slide left mute technique of point 1). So I can alternate scratching with the loop going on.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• You can always switch scenes (up to 16) for each crossfader position, no matter where the fader is at.

I would do this by switching between different scenes.

• But that leaves the performance element out of it... Or am I misundertanding?

Can I get the fader position on the rack so I can perhaps mute the sound if the fader is going left? Maybe my question just shows how little I understand Rambo...

• edited May 2020

Who understand Rambo....he retired anyway :)

Well, i have no clue of scratching but you can morph between P-Locked scenes. And via P-Lock you can mute stuff....

So, technically i would say yes. You know Drambo has a manual? (Just as a hint for better understanding morphing and P-Locking)

I saw detailed descriptions also in @bcrichards videos - which btw are excellent in any case to know.

• *Drambo... I'm so sorry! :D

• And thanks for replying! I just woke up this morning and wondered whether I could convince drambo to impersonate the scratching skills I lack