A couple pre-purchase questions

edited May 2020 in General app discussion

Hi. I'm about to purchase Drambo but wanted to make sure it does what I'm looking for. This would be part of an Octatrack based live set up. Drambo would be midi synced to Octatrack. I'm wanting to use Drambo to sequence a few iOS synth apps. I'm wanting to record the sequences in live from a keyboard midi controller and have them loop. I cant find any documentation on ppqn but I would like to play unquantized somewhat sloppy/loose playing of chords and single notes. Also...can Drambo follow the Octatrack pattern changes? How many patterns can be stored per project? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Sooner or later, Drambo might also cover such scenarios but for now, that sounds more like a use case for Beatmaker 3.

• Drambo can't follow sync atm, but can be hosted in AB3 which is pretty good at it.

Giku might help out with exact ppqn, but unquantised midi recording is possible.

Midi learn is about to drop, hopefully with pattern switching accessible.

There is no arranger like in OT but you can build a song by arranging patterns and setting how many times each should repeat... don't think there's a pattern limit.

• Ok thanks for the replies. I'll hold off for now on purchasing but will keep an eye on future updates!