Is Midi program change planned?

Greetings, please tell if Project change from external midi PC command is planned.

I'd expect that there would be a time lag if different instruments / racks are used, especially with different samples - main thing would be if the sequencer could keep / re-sync with external master clock. I'm sure that for many users this would be super useful. Thanks.

Comments

• This could be supported, althought this feature seems quite exotic.

• edited May 2020

@giku Thanks for the reply.

For myself and many others who do live performances , house / techno / drum n bass / etc etc the ability for machines and apps to receive midi Program Change is pretty essential for smooth transitions between tracks, obviously without interruptions i.e stopping the master clock/sequencer.

With my use of Drambo, a track (or one composition / song) will have between 8 and 10 instrument racks and between four and six patterns. With such usage, I could squeeze three or maybe four tracks into a Drambo Project - and then I'd use up most of the scenes / variations for alternate sounds for the different tracks, whereas I want to use most of variations for changes within a track. So one Drambo Project = max. 4 tracks = max 30 mins of music.

I can think of no sequencer/sampler/groovebox - even those which are typically used as master clock/sequencer and which are decades old - which cannot receive program change, from MPC's to the old Roland MC series to all the Electrons.

So far, Drambo is fantastic. But for a groovebox, the ability to receive midi program change is not exotic - it's essential. Cheers.

• @Tom_LJ Thanks for opening my eyes :) Im gonna back to this soon.

2 approaches are possible:

• PC selects project
    • PC selects preset in instrument rack
  • Hi @giku

IMO the 1st would be preferable, because with the second there would still be a 16 pattern limit.

Many thanks for responding and looking into this :-)

• I would also love this option. it is already doable if you have AUM though. You can call up presets using AUM's preset browser, and they can be recalled via program change. personally, I would love to be able to scroll through instrument presets via program change via midi controller for each track.

one way to do it is using MSB and LSB, MSB to select the folder, and LSB selects presets 1-128 in that folder.

• Hmm. Both make sense. And switching between instrument presets might be faster than switching between projects.

• Hi Giku. Thanks for all you amazing work on Drambo. I would really love program change to be added if possible. Both options suggested would be great but as rs2000 says, switching presets may be faster to try and keep music continuous if possible. Cheers

• 1st option suits me but not a priority since both Audiobus and AUM load projects via PC

• Yes it will be added, it must be added :) but it needs some time .. this stream is quite big

• edited June 2020

PC (Program Change) would be awesome indeed. Another approach of some hardware is to have a "PC map" setting which is just a table where user assigns selected presets from all available to banks of 128. These get selected via MSB/LSB.