Long LFO times

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• recrec
    edited May 2020

Because it's resetting on each cycle. Try to generate "free" clock with clock generator (misc/util).

edit:I mean time resetting on each pattern cycle

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The longest sequence LFO can synchronize to is 32 beats,

Im afraid the only option for now is to calculate Hertz value and set exact frequency that matches tempo.

Plugging in gate restarts LFO, you may use p-locked Trigger button as an LFO gate source.

• Well, LFO is not stoppable :) You can try to multiply its output with gate signal

• recrec
    edited May 2020

Not that it matters just for the sake of clear terminology... these are step conditions (p-lock & cycle condition)

(They can be actually attached to scenes as additional layer. Scenes are morphable/switchable snapshots of full Drambo states)

• recrec
    edited May 2020

In a sense yes...

I'll try to explain through the above example... sorry if my English gets in the way :)

1st layer of 'automation' is your mod source, in this example Ramp module. It can be targeted at any modable knob (knobs with arrow next to it). Here it's set to gradually increase volume over 16 bars.

2nd layer of 'automation' is p-lock. Ramp modules initial value is 0 (silence while idle), on the first step it's p-locked to ->1 (gradually increase volume to max), and on the last step it's p-locked to 0 (to restart if needed once it's ran its course)

3rd layer (cycle condition) only needed because the full length of Ramp is longer (x4) than pattern length. Cycle condition on the first step is to only execute p-lock on 1st cycle (and ignore p-lock for the following 3 cycles). Cycle condition on the last step is to only execute p-lock on the 4th/last cycle (reset back to 0).

Another layer could be scene condition (not in this example). So instead of cycle condition (which is predefined length to carry out predefined task) you can use scene condition (to carry out predefined task at your will). In practice it could be something like scene A - increase volume over 16 bars and stay there until I go to scene B - decrease volume over x bars length, scene C - apply different mod to volume (like LFO or something) or add notes here and there or p-lock a completely different sound or arp mode... so you tether these variations (p-locks) to scenes and you initiate these changes manually on the fly, so it's dynamic performance rather than predefined automation...

It's a completely mental playground, it's difficult to even suggest because it can be so many different things for different people.

Hope it helps. lol