Two feature ideas... Graphic Oscillator w/pulse width, and a Zeeon Filter Module

It wouldn't surprise me if a Graphic Oscillator is already planned. Given the interesting ways the Graphic shaper can already be used to create custom wave-shapes.

But think having an Oscillator module designed for playing drawn shapes would add a lot.

It could have wave-shape "reading" features like,

• "Forward Only" (like a saw wave but without the noise spike created by the tail end). The "Reader playhead" would repeatedly loop left to right through the shape linearly.
  • "Reverse Only" Same as above, but in the "playhead" travels only right to left.
  • "Back and Forth" The playhead renders the shape forward first, then in reverse, and repeats.

Pulse width.

• The speed of travel of the "Playhead" is variable between the starting and ending points in the graphic window. The overall time it takes for the playhead to completely traverse the window remains equal to the pitch of the Oscillator. But if the play head travel speed can be adjusted to either speed up or slow down in the middle, and at the ends of the window. The result would be either a stretching or a compressing of the part of the wave-form drawn in the middle of the window. If the speed is gradually transitioned between "fast in the center/slow at the ends"... to "slow in the center/fast at the ends". The result would be the ability to apply a pulse width effect to anything drawn in the graphic window.

Otherwise a Graphic Oscillator would have all the standard features of a regular Oscillator... ie. Tuning and Octave controls.

A Zeeon Filter Module.

Just take the filter from Zeeon and make a module out of it.

The entire filter section just as it is in Zeeon, with all it's features, made into a Drambo module !

:)

Comments

• edited June 2020

The next release version will have different oscillator anti-aliasing settings including a mathematically clean version of the sawtooth waveform.

The current sawtooth shape is the reason for the spikes when currently driving the Graphic Shaper.

An example hack "converting" saw to sine, now with the clean sawtooth version that'll be available soon:

Pulse width using the Scale module:

Zeeon filter: @giku has confirmed that new filter and other modules are planned, most likely as additional IAPs.

• Thanks rs2000 !

That will work. :)

Never occurred to me to raise and lower the amplitude of the saw wave to create a faster or slower CV change within the operating range the graphic shaper...While maintaining frequency ! ... very cool.

On the subject of graphic shaper effects... I found driving the graphic shaper with two Oscillators... one slightly detuned... makes for some interesting varieties of shape morphing. Now I can try combining that with the scale trick !

Glad to hear of the upcoming improved Oscillator update.

Also looking forward to the new filters, IAP's, and other updates.

• Thanks a lot for posting this, as someone coming from non-modular these waveshaping examples are really useful :)