How do I record midi from Drambo in a DAW?

I’m sketching out multi track loops in Drambo and now I want to grab midi data into BeatMaker 3, so that I can essentially manage the project in BM3 using Drambo as synths on individual channels. So let’s say I create a 4 track loop in Drambo, I now want to have those same 4 tracks on midi channels in BM3, with the notes editable, running Drambo and the individual sounds on each track. Hope that makes sense!

ive tried adding a midi output module to the end of a track in Drambo, and tried using midi tools in BM3 to grab the midi data. But I can’t get it to work. Even tried it in cubasis 2.

thanks.

Comments

• MIDI tools "Bus" wants a config like this to work:

Top = sender, bottom = receiver.

• Yeah I tried that but it didn’t work.

do I need to record in a separate channel? I tried that also. I just can’t get midi out of Drambo and into BeatMaker.

• Is the MIDI Output module receiving the same MIDI input as the track's MIDI to CV?

What host are you using for Drambo? You may need to split the Drambo MIDI components into a MIDI lane, with the Drambo synth components in an audio lane. Then the host could route the MIDI stream.

• I'm using Beatmaker 3.

I ran a MIDI monitor and saw the notes coming out.

Let's say I have just one track of a synth loop in Drambo. Could you explain what you mean?

• edited June 2020

Good link. That pretty much covers it.

I mentioned just now in @jameslondon74 's post on BM3 that the method that works with Rozeta requires Drambo to be loaded into a MIDI FX slot, which isn't possible in BM3. The most direct route is probably just to host Drambo in Audiobus or AUM and then record the midi into BM3.

You can load Drambo into the tracks you want to record midi to so that you can hear what's goin' on too.

• Thanks guys. I'm more than happy to use AUM to pump the MIDI into BM3. I'll try that.