How to import a Sample folder from audioshare?

What is the fastest way to import folder in flexisampler?

Comments

• It looks like Drambo can't acces Audioshare.

Copy from Audioshare to "on my Ipad" (or whatever it is called on your device...) using the files app and import from there.

Delete from "on my Ipad" afterwards.

cheers

ps.: correct me if I'm wrong...

• Tap the Flexi waveform window, hit "Import Folder" on the bottom, then in the Files app that opens, browse to the folder you want to import, tap "Select" and mark the folder to import.

I'm using AudioShare but any other app that holds WAV files and is available in Files "Locations" would work.

• By the way, Drambo will soon get WebDAV support so you can manage all Drambo files locally or over the network, conveniently mounted as a folder in an iOS app with WebDAV support, in MacOS Finder or as a drive letter in Windows Explorer.

• @rs2000 : can you confirm this works for folders? I can access Audioshare when importing single files but not folders...

cheers

• Yes, I've just tried it. In the Files app, it should look like this:

Then hit Open.

• Thanks guys ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿ‘Œ

• @rs2000 : I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing:

Tap on load in flexisampler and it looks like so:

Then tap on "Import folder" and it looks like so:

I can see AudioShare, but I can't access it. This applies only when importing folders, not single files.

Looks like a bug either in the filesystem, in AudioShare or in Drambo.

Or something's broken on my iPad...

cheers

• Huh? When i do exactly the same, I can see all AudioShare files @electronicsfordogs

Sorry I can't tell you what's wrong on your side.

• Could this be a problem of iOS or AudioShare or Drambo versions? You may need to expose what you're working with.

• edited June 2020

Yes its the same with me and always been like that, no folder import.

Drambo 1.20(beta 1)

IOS 13.6 beta

iPad Pro 11" 2020

• Drambo 1.20 (1) beta

iOS 12.3.1

iPad 6 (2018)

Works perfectly.

• edited June 2020

So perhaps the difference is in the IOS version ;) would make sense as they made a lot of changes to the filesystem. @giku you maybe have a idea?

• iPad 6 (2018)

AudioShare 2.7.9 (139)

Drambo 1.11

iPadOS 13.5.1 <-- this might be the point ???

Again, it's only when importing folders from AudioShare. Everything else works as expected.

cheers

• To confirm, folder import from Audioshare not working for me either:

Audioshare 2.79, Drambo 1.11, IPad Pro 9.7 MLMV2B/A, OS 13.4.1

• edited June 2020

It works on iPhone 6 but on my iPad air3 I can’t access to AudioShare folder

WTF ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ๐Ÿคฏ

iOS 13.4 / iPad Air (3e génération) / MUUJ2NF/A

IOS 12.4.6 / iPhone 6 / MG4C2ZD/A

• Maybe it’s due to some permissions?

if someone have an idea ๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿคจ

• Its pretty clear its the IOS version, works on 12.x not on 13.x

• Apple would really do good putting more resources into iOS development.

Adding new features without fixing old bugs while throwing away features that work well can look quite weird at times.

• Yes, i love making music on IOS but this is exactly the sort of thing that make me angry ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿคฌ

A bit bored with their bugs and programed obsolecence.

Someone have an another solution for importing folders for buggy IOS like me?

I have a 64go iPad3 so i don’t want to make big Sample folders doublon.

• @hkor The next Drambo release will contain a WebDAV server that will provide access of all Drambo user files (samples, presets, projects) using any software supporting WebDAV, both locally and over your WiFi network.

• But i would guess this has to probably be fixed on audioshare side

• Same here, I'm using FileBrowser (basically the same type of app as Readdle Documents), it's greyed out.

SMB-Shares (Samba on a Debian machine) are good.

• Quick test on a USB thumbrive (64gigs, FAT32), seems ok.