64 slices?

edited June 2020 in Feature Wish-lists

As a previous octatrack user, I have a fair number of 64 slice sample files I'd love to load easily into drambo. The max for setting an automatic fixed grid is 32.

Btw, if anyone else is looking to create long sample chains I highly recommend this command line tool: https://developer.aliyun.com/mirror/npm/package/gtbg .

Comments

• edited June 2020

Might be worth supporting 128 as well. Max out those midi indices.

• edited June 2020

Looks nice. I spent last night creating sample chains using Aum and Audioshare in front of he TV (Family quality time 🤒). Steps are:

1. Put Audioshare in an audio track in Aum and arm record
    2. Save the Aum session so that the chains go in a "nice" folder name rather than untitled blah, blah
    3. Switch to Audioshare and navigate to the folder that contains the individual samples
    4. I usually sort by size here so that the longest individual sample comes first so you are less likely to misjudge any tail.
    5. Go back to Aum and press rewind and record
    6. Switch back to Audioshare and press play in the first sample in the folder. Audioshare will then play each sample in turn.
    7. At any point you can switch back to aum and stop recording once Audioshare has played through the individual samples
    8. You can then switch back to Audioshare and you will have a sample chain in the "nice" folder name
    9. Rinse and Repeat
    10. If you want to, you can use Audioshare to trim the ends. You can also rename the files. I did this using by screen grabbing the original folder names, pasting into notes and then using notes in slideover with Audioshare

Drambo has been great at splitting these using Detect transients. You can also use them on an OPZ and I believe the Elektron Boxes.

Anyone have a better workflow on ios as I am always looking to improve.

• edited June 2020

That's about as good of an iOS flow as I can imagine @kewtips ! I'll definitely use that at some point.

For desktop / batch work I like the gtbg library because it will add together everything in a folder, and if there are multiple folders it will create chains for each one. Also the chains generated have the samples spaced out with the exact same distances, so you can used fixed slice grids (even though detect transients works pretty well it can miss the start of samples).

I ended up writing a bash script to put samples into folders based upon their names and then run gtbg. Great way to turn sample libraries into chains :)

• @quartzite , your way is definitely better for those with command-line-fu.

• If you (or someone else who reads this) wants to use it, a sample line to run the script is:

gtbg chainOt --samples "." --sampleRate 44100 --bitDepth 24 --appendSliceCount "true" --outputPath "." --post "remix 1"

• Will this create equally sized slices? If so, how is the slice length determined?

• Equally sliced based on the longest sample in the folder