Is there a way to include morph slider into instrument rack?

I've built an instrument and morph slider with p-locks is big part of it. Is there a way to include this into instrument rack when saved? Like a mod wheel slider or something? The manually operable slider (in this case morph slider) controls several parameters with defined values on both ends. Any thoughts on how to proceed?

Comments

• In that case I would always save the whole project and later remove what you don't need.

I'd be very surprised if morphs aren't saved on the project level since morphs are a performance feature that can span all tracks.

• Thank you for the answer!

In that case, are projects mergeable? It would be kinda of a creative flow killer to always have to start with the "instrument project with morphs" and then adding stuff. If morphs can't be saved on preset level and projects aren't mergeable.. Have to dig in, if there already is a wwy to somehow achieve this or something similar to in on intstrument rack-level.

• Maybe we could work out a „Slider“ element like the Knob or Trigger things under Misc that we could use in Instrument Racks? Even further thought maybe this one could support P-Locks also. I don’t know - just an idea we maybe could discuss with @giku ?

I personally like the scene slider as it is but would have no arguments against a slider that is more „comfortable“ to use than a tiny knob. I am talking a horizontal slider, just in case.

• edited April 2020

Good point @MrBlaschke, especially for the condensed rack view.

My suggestion:

• A module with three horizontal sliders
    • A module with one vertical slider
    • An X/Y pad with Z axis (touch) that also has inputs for positioning the crosshair, something like an "XY scope for controller values".
  • edited April 2020

I have a working prototype of Morph module (since a longer time).

Basically its a knob with 2 morph groups, that can control every succeeding module. And... its audiorate modulated

Its not on official version.. I need to improve some areas, like visual representation of p-locks. Its too dangerous without them. :)

I want to keep this as a separate module. You add this to Instrument rack when you need this.

• @giku This looks very interesting!

So basically the morph module lets me control any parameter, even those "without triangles"?

If so, is there a mod frequency limit or will "audio rate morphing" be possible, e.g. when modulating the morph module with an oscillator?

• Excellent! I think this would be exactly what I need.

• Yes they are. The copy/paste clipboard works with modules or groups of modules and the clipboard is persistent across different projects. Open the first, copy, open the second, paste wherever you want.

• edited April 2020

Yes you can control all parameters... But.. these without triangles may be sloppy.

There is no frequency limit (up to sample rate)

To be honest I have a problem with this module. It changes a lot, but after some time I realized I do most things via morphs and when I have a few of them I don't know what is going on in the rack :). I need to solve this first: some limitations, better color coding and visual representation.

• What about a "Monitor" button in the morph module?

When activated, it would show the current, morphed value of all morphed button states and knob values related to this knob.

You won't allow one knob to be morphed by multiple sources, right?

• Worth considering

• That looks nice but i could not find that module in the beta. And it is no slider ;)

Are the P-Locks only for Min/Max positions of the Morph-Button or are there P-Locks „inbetweens“ also possible?

• make that knob midi learnable and you have an instant chaos knob right there!

• Every knob will be midi-learnable soon. But yes... this module brings a lot of joy and even more chaos when you overuse it.

• @giku said he's working on a prototype, that usually means it's not in the beta yet.

P-locks are not only for min/max but for any position you want, the p-locked range can be different for each knob. It can also be negative, that's the charm of "morphing".

• Ok - thought prototype=beta. Got it.