Drambo+Cubasis

Thought I'd ask this workflow question:

I am currently using Drambo to sequence Cubasis 3 in order to take advantage of some of its Mastering tools. Drambo and Cubasis are both running stand alone. 

I have Drambo sending Midi notes and sequences to Cubasis, which I have loaded with 8 Channels of my favorite synths. Now my question is, does anyone know how to host Drambo in Cubasis and have it be able to sequence from within Cubasis?

The reason I ask, is because I want to leverage some FlexiSampler features in Drambo for the sequence, and I'd like to do it directly inside of Cubasis, without having to flip back and forth between apps. I've tried going the AB route, but again, I'd like to do it all within Cubasis.

Any help in this department would be greatly appreciated.

FWIW, I thought Drambo might show up as a Midi FX in Cubasis, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Thanks as always to the many helpful people here :) I've added a couple people for help, hope you don't mind :) My gut says it's not possible, but my brain wants it to be so :)

@bcrichards @rs2000

Comments

• That's quite the opposite of what I would want to do - I'd rather sequence Drambo from my DAW of choice.

Anyway, I don't even need to use the MFX version, the AU with a MIDI Out module loaded will already send MIDI notes that can be routed inside the DAW if that capability is available.

I hope for you that it is 😉

• Thanks guys. I just want to do it from a single app view mode. I can get it to work via either Stand Alone or using AudioBus to feed Drambo Midi+Audio into Cubasis...was just hoping there was a setting for internal midi routing inside of Cubasis that I might have been missing.

I have a solution that works.

. Launch AudioBus

. Select Midi

. Set Drambo as Midi Source

. Set Cubasis to Receive Midi from Drambo

. Select Audio tab

. Insert same instance of Drambo as new Audio Source

. Allow Cubasis to receive Audio from Drambo

With this set up, Drambo will provide all Midi sequencing data and provide any Audio Sounds (FlexiSampler) to Cubasis. I can then record all channels of Midi and Audio in Cubasis, and use it to Master the Track using it's new Master Strip effect. I just really want to skip the Audiobus step and do this all from inside Cubasis. I've asked Lars from Steinberg on the AB forum if internal midi routing is part of any future updates.

Thanks for answering fellas :)

• @echoopera You're welcome!

But wait, Cubasis 3 still has no internal MIDI routing? Seriously?

• edited June 2020

Exactly 🤯

anyway, made this:

Here’s the Audiobus Drambo Cubasis setup.

http://preset.audiob.us/j1dwBdw76lytpAB

For some reason, the synths won’t save in the file. Sorry 🥺

Using Aparillo and NFM alongside native Cubasis synths. 

• Aparillo and NFM. Both great synths.

Have you considered building such FM synths inside Drambo?

After hiding them in an instrument rack, using them in your compositions should be rather straightforward.

I mean, you seem to get along well with Drambo's sequencer so wouldn't that be a natural thing to do?

• Yeah I’m just not that good at making patches. I’m a Preset and tweak kinda guy 😬💕