Track selection

would be great if there was an option to select tracks from the upper region of the drum pads, perhaps for muting also. Say the upper left and right for track select/mute. I always find track selection with drambo along with others such as grooverider/pure acid to slow the flow if you like.

Comments

• are you sure you understood how that works?

if u press a pad u selected that track

if u activate mute and press pad its mutes the track that belongs to it

if trigger is on it makes a sound when u press pad

• @Dr_bumcheese Solo/Mute on different pad areas is not a bad idea but remember that pads can be switched to velocity mode (vertical position determines velocity) and on the iPhone, pads are too small in some modes to support that.

• I know it might not be a solution in your case but a controller assigned to select/mute duties gets rid of that ‘too slow to flow’ feeling.

• Thats what TRIG button is for.. I think this could be fine-tuned e.g. hold TRIG and press a pad, to select.

• edited July 2020

Yes sure I understand how this would be clutter on small screens, I’m using a 12.5 here. Often I’m muting tracks by mistake/meaning to select instead. This niggle generally catches me out when I’m playing with a completed project and trying to keep pace with a 140bpm techno banger😎

like I said it also gets me with other apps too, just can’t seem to train my brains

• That would be great for MIDI controllers. Could act like a SHIFT button

• I’m currently using a controller in this way to mute tracks. Basically I have midi notes selecting tracks and a midi note mapped to mute so when I tap track select note while holding down mute note it mutes tracks. Just as if it was a shift button.