Importing Projects from Patchstorage

So I’ve downloaded both presets and projects from Patchstorage and I can import the presets fine but I can’t figure out the projects.

From my download folder In files I select a project from Patchstorage and then choose the Blue icon above [the box with the up arrow] and then choose open in Drambo . The app launcher’s but I just have a blank slate. Same thing happens if the program is already running in standalone or inside AUM. Any thoughts and thanks for helping.

Comments

• @RJB I just figured this out. The only way that worked for me was to enable iCloud Drive. Open Drambo, hamburger menu, Open, select iCloud. This creates the Drambo folders on iCloud. Then, using Files app, transfer the .drproject file to Drambo/Projects on iCloud ( you may need to add iCloud to the sidebar if you've never used it). Then, Drambo will be able to open the project. It looks like the association of Drambo with the .drproject file type is not yet implemented.

I'd be very happy if one of the experts could offer a simpler path, but the above was the only way I could find.

• RJBRJB
    edited April 2020

Thanks @uncleDave I’ll give it a try.

• edited April 2020

For those struggling with stupidity of IOS files management on iOS 13

I’ve just tried to long press and move project file I’ve just downloaded from patchstorage. It would not give me the option to save/paste (or what Apple call copy) into the Drambo project folder from the download folder. What works is to tap select in the top right of iCloud view in Files app and use the options to move at the bottom of the screen. Then the file can be seen from within Drambo cloud project browser.

Please do not direct your frustration at the developer. This is IOS issues we all have to work with. All he can do is to sugar coat this hard to swallow pill 💊.

I’ve been struggling with this for a while, seeing some others having no issues at all. It could come down to how you’re used to do things. Whether you are the long press or the select button person. Hope this helps. ;)

• edited April 2020

I hope wifi access will be implemented at some point.. File management in iOS is too cumbersome and annoying..

SunVox has'Wi-Fi' access, Caustic has the' FTP Server'.. Both allow you to import and export directly to the app's directory from a browser or via FTP (you can even use Documents by Readle to connect to Caustic via FTP).