Instant crash on loading project

edited April 2020 in Known issues

Somehow i managed to make project which instantly crashes Drambo on load ...

Project was working ok for long time. Then i changed directory with samples - in project, there was one instance of sampler Shot sampler loading sample from that directory. After i reopened project i got message about missing sample - which is OK, i reloaded it again from new folder, saved project. But after that, when i closed it and reopened - crash. It happens always.

No idea how to attach project file - i don't see folder 'Drambo' in Apple Files / On My iPad ... but at least here is crash log

Comments

• edited April 2020

What iOS version are you using?

“I don’t see drambo folder“

do you see it in iCloud?

I can’t confirm crash on missing sample.

try moving file into drambo project iCloud folder

in General it’s a good idea to save projects with samples.

• Saving projects with samples is a very bad idea, especially when you use big samples and a lot of them (e.g. 200 mb piano multisamples ).

• Drambo should inform you about missing sample but should not crash. Working on this.

• edited April 2020

@giku i use stuff on multiple devices, so I always save everything with samples in icloud. :)

if I have very big files doesn’t matter as they life in the cloud...

and I can just delete local ish at will without losing anything

cant mess up things

it just works :)

• Yes, thats the IFs ... so I added the option

• edited April 2020

Had no problems with iCloud on iOS 13 :)

on iOS 12 it was a disaster, couldn’t see folders, could only see folders on iOS but not on Mac, trallala

i don’t use Dropbox because they can’t be trusted, they have this nasty person on board ...

• edited April 2020

Can you elaborate this?

like Gigabytes of pianosamples or something?

• edited April 2020

thanks, would be happy to not lost this project, i liked it a lot :-) looking forward for update fix ;-)

• How would such a directive look, considering that people have vastly different amounts of storage and free space on their devices and cloud accounts? Also, some people will never generate large amounts of storage in their projects, others may routinely.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're thinking of here.

• @giku just wanted to mention that last update (1.02) didn't fixed this issue, my project still crashes drambo on load.. is there any additional info i can provide to you to help catch this ? Can i send you somehow project file (no idea how i can get project file without opening/exporting it from Drambo)

• I gonna take a look at this again. May I have ipa (crash log) from 1.0.2?

• edited April 2020

thanks for effort ! Anyway, in case it will be something very rare - don't sit on it tool long, sometimes shit happens and later it solves itself :-))

In case some beta testing (eventually some beta version with more debug info which i can then provide to you) would help you, my testflight e-mail is dendy(at)dendy.sk ;-)

• unfortunately it is still crashing after recent update :(