Comments

• Damn!!

$3500 for the 5 voice, and $4300 10 Voice.

Great great news for Prophet enthusiasts - but I'm still hot for the MatrixBrute 😎

• edited October 1

I love the prophet 5 sound, you can make tons of really really great sounds with it. i cant afford it but boy im glad they brought it back. I remember playing one and its that moment when you go ‘ahhhhh thats why people spend silly money on these!’

polybrute is also awesome and inspiring and i got my eye on that.

• edited October 1

I'm wondering if the main reason for the rev-4 being released was to get infront of Behringer and release a clone of the classic, because a lot of people want that exact replica.

The Prophet-6 is extremelly close and has extra features. I guess you don't get the EXACT filter recreations (and being able to switch between the two on the Prophet-5 rev-4 is dope). Actually I guess having 10 voices with the Prophet-10 will be appealing for some players. And the 5 octave keyboard...

Maybe this'll lower the Prophet-6 prices even more. Though I will probably just stick to my Pioneer AS-1 😎.

• Is a one big sweetspot, there are only just a few synths like this.

• Imagine this with midi 2.0

• What difference would MIDI 2.0 make "in real life" when writing songs?

• I believe the new prophet 5 has usb midi and most of the control knobs are midi.

so using with a daw this machine should have some nice high res control/automation with midi 2.0.

• Good point. 7 bits for filter cutoff is really everything but smooth, especially when using the VCF as another oscillator.