seaboard to drambo to eurorack cv

Hello, so I've managed to set up midi to cv conversion with Drambo, and its working fine. For my kind of music I only need a pitch cv and aftertouch cv for one expressive voice.

The setup is Seaboard Block going to AUM to Drambo, and Drambo gets me my voltages, which then go to ES-8, and then I patch it to oscillators and filters.

But now I'm trying to somehow unpack mpe midi data into two streams, and I can't find an obvious way to do that. Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• What MPE data are you trying to extract?

• Note + pitchbend and pressure.

• And you want to send them to different outputs on your interface, so you have two separate CV signals on the hardware side, right? Since there are only two signals, could you make them the L and R of a stereo pair?

And I guess you want to combine note and pitchbend into a single "analog" pitch CV signal. That's a little tricky, but should be possible.

• Can you post an example dump of the MIDI data you're working with?

I recommend using Protokol from Hexler.

• @uncleDave I already have a successful patch for one voice, so that's done. Analog cv for pitch and pressure go out of ES-8 and I can solo with one finger and one voice no problem.

@rs2000 thanks, I'll look into it!

• So I finally managed to make my 2-voice config to work, only to discover that it just doesn't make sense)

I can split data by channel on the way in to each track, but the internal logic of seaboard block keeps rotating the channels. In practise that means it suddently just between voices, and it just doesn't fit my "low drone + high legato lead" scheme - they just swap roles all the time and I can play with that.

Linnstrument would work thanks to it's two split zones, which can be set to two different channels, but I don't have a way of connecting it to iPad at the same time as ES-8 interface module.