Some morph fader updates are delayed?

tl;dr: the morph fader can take a few seconds to update when piped through UI and Math modules. I've attached an example with notes for reproducing the bug.

---

I make heavy use of morphs. Sometimes I mirror the morph value to a slider module, so I can plug it into Math modules for finer control of its behavior. This is useful if eg. I need to trigger something as soon as the fader crosses the 25% mark.

I've found some strange bugs working this way, but I've found workarounds for most. But this one has me stumped.

After I drag the morph fader to the far left, it takes about 3 seconds to register when hooked up to Math/logic modules. I deliberately avoided using any modules with clock or gate signals in the example to ensure that wasn't a factor. Also, Drambo isn't hanging; CPU is very low, and complex modules keep chugging away just fine.

I suspect this could be happening for a few reasons:

• The morph fader doesn't immediately "stick" to 0, and gets caught at 0.001. Then, a slow periodic UI update rounds it down to zero.
  • An update isn't immediately triggered in the slider's output.
  • An update isn't immediately triggered in the OR gate's output.

…but since the oscilloscope module is my main debugger it's hard to drill down into the specifics.

Comments