Seeking help: how do I overlap MIDI notes through a pattern loop?

Hi all,

Apologies in advance for this probably (hopefully) stupid question. I'm sure I've seen someone ask this already, but I just spent ages searching and can't find the answer in my search term soup. First, a picture:

I'm sequencing an external bass synth here; my module is a single MIDI Output block. For the bassline, I want the very first note of the song to trigger the full envelope. All notes after that should glide right over the attack.

It's easy to do this within a pattern: just drag the note so it overlaps the next one. But can I make the final note overlap the first in the pattern?

At first I thought I could solve this by increasing the last step's Gate value. In the screenshot, you can see that the last step's Gate is at "17.5". I got that by stretching the note as far right as I could. If I try to set "Gate" directly, the highest it goes is 16. If I pull the Gate slider higher after that, it switches to INF. And INF actually ends one step sooner than 17.5…? Hmm. Back to the drawing board.

Strangely, I think I hit a bug where INF turned into the max integer, at which point everything worked perfectly. But now I can't replicate the bug… 😅

So, any pointers? I also tried using CV Glide and MIDI Latch to no avail, but I'm sure I'm missing something simple. Thanks in advance!

Comments