Ableton Live 11 is here

A number of fun new devices, MPE recording/editing/modulation, Follow actions, Audio2Tempo.

https://www.ableton.com/en/live/

Comments

• @TheInvisibleMan I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

But I'm also surprised that you have both Ableton and Bitwig. Will Ableton 11 change your DAW preferences maybe?

• I didn't expect these new devices either - 2020, the year of spectral FX. Or does @giku secretly work for Ableton? 😉

I can't stick to one DAW as well, although I'm definitely using Live much more than Logic.

Maybe I'm not the only one and Push 3 couldn't run Logic? 😬

• Yes, Suite because even V10 already has quite a number of excellent instruments and FX, including physical modeling.

Originally coming from Cubase I've only really started using Logic after version 8 when the UI and workflow had already been simplified quite a bit compared to the last v5 I had tried on Windows. It still has one of the best MIDI editors (piano roll, event list and detailed message editing), a deep MIDI environment, outstanding on-board instruments and synths and effects that are good enough for quality music production.

Funnily, although I love Reaper for its outstanding features and performance, it has never really grown on me. Every time I launch it, I have to think again how to do this or that and it always feels like a creativity killer to me. A bit like Beatmaker 3. Can work well if you prepare good templates but I'm too much into new and spontaneous experiments as to rely on templates.