How to create a 32 step sequencer using two Gate+Velocity sequencers

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• No problem, I didn’t explain myself very well. Your final result looks like a good implementation of what I had in mind. Also a great way to switch between different sequences.

• edited May 2021

Nice, I’ll have to try this method.

Another method I’ve been using is to input the time signal itself into the 1-N switch, and control the index with a staircase from a graphic modulator. The time signal gets distributed to N instances of a step sequencer. Of course, this requires the pattern to be long enough to accommodate clocking the graphic modulator.

• On the topic of step sequencers, do either of you have any ideas about how to cobble together a 23 step sequence @Gravitas and @bcrichards ? I can get 23 steps easily, but getting it to repeat those 23 steps in cycle has proved impossible for me. I'm facing the same challenge with a 37 step sequence.

• @aleyas The easiest solution is to dedicate a track for it and place a jump condition on step 23 or on step 37.

• Unfortunately I can't use the track sequencer for the application I have in mind.

Fingers crossed the boss adds a 64 step seq module with 'write' someday 🤞

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2021

I'm just thinking about a grid up to 64 divisions and a CV input to record from in the Graphic Modulator.

If a grid is set, recorded values would be quantized to the grid and if it's 1 or disabled, it would record at a finer sampling rate (100..200Hz or something like that).

• edited May 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.