The Renaissance of the Baxandall Eq's

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• News from Bootsy?

Great to hear! 😃

• Oh and by the way @Gravitas, as we've recently discussed treble exciters, his NastyHF from the old (and EOL) series is still one of my very favorites.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2021

Sure, you could combine multiple filters until you get the desired response - within limits.

@giku If your idea of a spectral wavetable multiplier would allow for realtime convolution of the input signal with a set of impulse responses stored as wavetable frames, the WT index knob could act as an EQ adjustment or EQ preset selector. And a cab sim. And an acoustic guitar body... 😁

• edited August 2021

help me understand this

an IR of a mic, eq setting, ... is a slow sine sweep through that device

the sine sweep is much longer than a single cycle of what used to be a sine

so a single cycle is it does that on this frequency ...

so how to get the whole picture with a limited set of single cycles ?

with the interpolation from the wavetableset

and constantly sweeping through the wavetableset?

im not sure how this would work

every wavetable has to be a certain pitch/lengh of cycle ?

hm, drambo loads samples so I guess this is no problem

so the trick to do this would be to constantly sweep through the wavetableset with rising saw lfo ,somehow???

🤯

• @lala Not exactly - Ideally, when recording an impulse response, you need a "click" that is extremely short but has very high energy. Google "dirac pulse properties".

That's why sometimes a gun is fired to record the response from a large venue: You don't want the long tail to drop in noise coming from the recording microphones. Since the gun sound is colored, the recorded response is post processed to behave like it was recorded with an ideal dirac pulse.

In smaller environments like a guitar body, a good small loudspeaker can be sufficient. In that case, the response will be short enough to fit inside the 2048 samples of a wavetable frame and that's why I suggested @giku to use the WT oscillator as a short time convoluton engine that can be modulated.

The difference is that in "normal" mode, the WT OSC is reading the WT frames periodically to produce a pitched sound and the spectrum of that pitched sound is multiplied with the spectrum of the input signal.

In convolution mode, the spectrum of the WT frame itself would be multiplied with the spectrum of the input signal.

• Another application of that principle would be to load one of the headphones reverse impulse responses available on github in order to perform different sound corrections without using a bunch of PEQ modules that cannot be modulated.

• oh, i forgot u can do it with a bang too , thx