ARP's n stuff. My brain has gone blank.

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• edited May 2020

play a note or chord rather than sequenced?

Every second note dynamically quieter ... played? Sequenced?

Sorry, maybe it's too late, I have a hard time following your description 😉

• this gets you to alternating velocity for each note generated by the arp.

• This gets you alternating velocity for every note played into the arp.

Cool concept!

• The ARP gate generator is a really powerful tool used with the CV sequencer.

This is the sequencer used with the ARP to groove things up.

The CV Sequencer 2 just shows the result.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hi !

Is there any way to use Gate/Velocity/Arp module to produce a chord repeater/sequencer ?

The idea is to play a long chord in order to repeat it following a given rate/sequence.

Arpeggiators, by definition, generate a monophonic sequence from a chord, so using only one note works well. But few arpeggiators (Logic, SynthMasterOne, etc.) have a "chord mode" option which can help to generate chord repeaters.

Any idea about how to do this with Drambo's built-in modules?

I made few attempts but I got strange results. I'm not sure to understand what's going on under the hood.

Cheers,

Cédric.

• The ARP isn’t going to do this. Try an LFO for the gate signal. Reset on the MIDI to CV module gate output.

The AMP envelope stops all voices from continuing to be triggered after the held notes are released. It’s quite a nice effect to bypass though.

• Wow thanks ! I didn't think of using LFO+AmpEnv.

Works great when the chords notes are played in the exact same time. But when there is a little delay between two notes, this delay is also repeated.

Any idea about to force synchronization of every chord notes to play together when the LFO triggers the AmpEnv?

• edited May 2020

No idea how you’d do this in Drambo. Basically I think you’d have to store the MIDI messages in an array then access the array on subsequent repeats to fire them off together. Otherwise the options are use the sequencer or get better at playing chords 😉 I was wondering about adding a MIDI to CV on mono to use as the LFO reset (possibly delayed until the first repeat) but this might only affect the first voice so pointless.

• Thanks for you answer!

My motivation is to recreate few sounds I love from some famous VST/Desktop synths (Serum, Sylenth1, Dune3, Spire) but only with Drambo. Some presets take a chord and a root note for input and generate a huge "in-your-face" rhythmic and melodic sound (pretty cool for composing very fast, when ideas are still there:-))

I can totally add other iOS plugins such as StepPolyArp for the chord arpeggiator. But trying to do it with only Drambo's module is more a challenge to myself and a way to learn about how it works.

• Your last message gave me an idea: the MidiToPoly module allows to separate a polyphonic input into 4 monophonic outputs.

I've created 4 arp modules. Each one is plugged into a different port of MidiToPoly Module. They are all synchronized with one LFO module. After the arp, I'm mixing all the monophonic notes into a polyphonic midi signal.

This is working as intended, yay!

The problem I've having now is I'm not able to play more that 4 notes simultaneously... (Midi2Poly works only with 4 monophonic outputs), but that's quite close :-)

• I think I have a different solution to the same problem.

it uses one lfo as a gate and runs it through the mono to poly. You have independent control over all 8 voices but they trigger in sync with each other. Switch the LFO out with a Gate sequencer for similar effect.

• OK round the houses on this one.

The Mono To Poly is indeed the magic ingredient. Here it is with the Arp (finally). Working perfectly. Doh.

• Updated to use an arp and gate sequencer for better control.

https://patchstorage.com/chord-repeat/

• Awesome, thanks a lot @SpartanClownTide and @bcrichards !

I've discovered Drambo less than a week ago but I'm amazed by its possibilities and the community around it!

• @Gravitas What a great track!

• @Gravitas Wow! I didn't expect that kind of music, I'm pleasantly surprised.

I also liked your other tracks. You definitely deserve more subscribers, but hey, now you have one more!

You should add some details and story in your video's descriptions. For example:

• How did you come up with your track idea?
    • What soft/plugins did you use (except Drambo:-)) ?
    • How did you produced the brass/winds/strings sounds?

Keep up the good stuff,

Cheers

• Subscribed!