How to modulate env decay length ? [solved]

edited May 2022 in How to's

Is there way how to modulate envelope decay time ? To be precise, i want to use velocity as mod source, and if velocity is < 100 no modulation, if it is >100 i want to substract certain defined value (let's say 10) from filter envelope decay (and add some value to env mod amount, but this is easy and obvious)

Any ideas how to do this ?

( i'm trying to make parch which emulates behaviour of Tb303 accent)

Comments

• Ah, solved, i'm dumb/ blind, there is AD env mod module :-)))

• Another nice trick is to use the Morph Module on the Length parameter of the Graphical Envelope and assign velocity to the morph knob.

This trick can also be used to have longer envelope time on the lower notes and shorter envelope on the higher notes by assigning the note value to the Morph knob, nothing stopping on using both note and velocity to modulate the morph knob.

There's just a crazy amount of modules to use and it's always an 'aha moment' when a use case for a newly discovered module 😎

• It would be nice to have directly modulatable envelopes other than AD, maybe someday soonernow that @giku is done with the intense UI work.

Fwiw I built this 303 patch (off a patch by branis) https://patchstorage.com/acidline-devilish/ . Incase it is helpful for your own adventures :)

• @samu

There's just a crazy amount of modules to use and it's always an 'aha moment' when a use case for a newly discovered module

yeah, this thig is endless in terms of modules .. incredible .. i didn't touched Drambo too much last year and half (was concentrated on my HW rig) but after 2.0 update i jumped on train finally - and i'm giga impressed .. I see lot of new music will come soon :-)

@quartzite will check your patch ;)

• edited May 2022

Take the adsr and modulate it with the morph module

modulating the drawable envelope as suggested is also very cool