Comments

• edited June 2020

first I draw a different waveform out of the sine with graphic shaper

then I saturated it and modulate the filter with the other drawn waveform

stereo modulation on top

bam

🤗

• When I downloaded your patch, the first thing I've tried is to apply a scale envelope to the OSC => Graphic Shaper modulation, you inspired me into a new idea for doing wavetable synth like modulation.

The higher the amplitude, the broader (and brighter) the modulated waveform 😃😎

• edited June 2020

go on :)

Im just openining and closing the filter with velocity

• edited June 2020

I like it because it’s simple enough to make complex things happening on the go

thx for the Input @rs2000

• The "wavetable" version in case you're interested in extending it further 😉

• edited June 2020

So I extended it with a wavefolder to get more of those digital tones

Oh la la.

think we got something going now

@rs2000

Really sounds wavetablealy now :)

• @lala Haha, lovely!

The infinite powers of wave shaping 😇

• edited June 2020

the infinite Power of drambo :)

drambo makes Max for live cry 🤣

• M4L is for coders.

Drambo is for musicians.

• It works very well as instrument:)

• Just saw this patch now, it sounds great! Wavertablealy it is... 😀

Now if we can modulate the Loop Start, Loop End, Fade In/Out of the Flexi, then perhaps we can even attempt at emulating Ensoniq's transwave. 😉

• edited July 2020

Modulating loop indexes will indeed be fun :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr1sfCFevF4

(That's for those who are un-familiar with Ensoniq Transwaves).

• edited July 2020

🤘 Wavetable and transwave, that will rock!

• edited July 2020

Transwave was just a fancy name for move small loop brackets tru sample...

I am not sure if that needs it’s own name ;)

• @lala I quite like "Transwaves", the word "wavetable" has caused a lot of confusion in history and it usually needs further explanation.

(No boy, it's not about sound fonts, it's about chains of morphable single-cycle waveforms 😅)

• On the Ensoniq SQ-1 it was more like 'loop index table' so each 'transwave sample' had up to 127 waves chained into one.

This table could be 'stepped thru' with or without a cross-fade between the steps, some of the 'trans waves' included longer segments (percussion sounds as an example) making it possible to do wave-station like sequences.

If I recall correct creating a 'trans wave' on the ASR-10 one could select the cycle length and the ASR calculated a wavetable that didn't have any clicks. (For example If one made a trans wave of a snare sample one could 'time stretch' it by changing the rate of a ramp LFO that scanned thru the wave).

We could get something similar in Drambo if the 'slices idexes' could be freely assigned to any place in the within the sample.

A 'Slice Index' would need settings for sample start, loop-start & loop length.

Can't wait for Drambo to get the option to modulate the 'loop position' it's one of the features I really like in the Logic Pro X's Quick Sampler.

And it's something that can't even be done with Renoise :D

But yeah it's nowadays the 'wave table' is a term that gets more recognition even though it's not exactly the same :)

• I did that kind of thing with numerology (Fivetwelve) :)

• edited July 2020

Hm, I guess when you say transwave it’s obvious what you mean in this old gentlemen’s club. 😆

• edited August 2021

edit:oops