what it was missing on the new update

1. the ability to keep adding tracks on the main tracks which the limite is 16 but if we don’t counting the 2 A and B bus tracks plus the master and the main module tracks im only left with just 12 actual tracks to work on,
  2. is missing the triplets 4t, 8t, 16t, 32t time signature option on the pianoroll which is a (very important option to have) on a complete DAW specially for melodies that runs on 3/4 signature and also hihats patterns or percs that uses the triplets option !

Comments

1. the ability to keep adding tracks on the main tracks which the limite is 16 but if we not counting the 2 A and B bus tracks plus the master and the main module tracks im only left with just 12 actual tracks to work on,
    2. is missing the triplets 4t, 8t, 16t, 32t time signature option on the pianoroll which is a (very important option to have) on a complete DAW specially for melodies that runs on 3/4 signature and also hihats patterns or percs that uses the triplets option !

• Its definitely hacky, but for now you can get around the track limit by copy-pasting track modules on the main track. You can only get to the tracks>16 for editing via the multi-rack and multi-pattern views. Also if you add notes to the tracks>16 Drambo crashes. But it is still useful for processing etc.

• yes its hacky and frustrating at the same time, because i really filling and loving drambo concept,

i bought and had drambo since the first day it came out but since then until now it’s when im actually got ready to work, create and make drambo my new main daw, specially since this last update which got everything that i wanted and ask for on a drambo update, specially the pianoroll and song mode which to me was what was stopping me from not using drambo, but now that i actually got what wanted on this drambo update, right away i come across basic missing features that its essential to my production, like the option of triplets time signature which it’s missing on the pianoroll which its a basic fundamental option to have for creating and producing beats.

and of course the limitation of 12 tracks really adds to the frustration because i actually need at least 16 tracks plus 4 bus tracks and at least 2 group tracks to actually makes a full complete beat, which may have at least one lead melody which might have 2 or 3 layers, also a backup melody which might also have 2 or 3 layers

some pads, strings or chorus chords backing the main melodies, which also may have 2 or 3 layers

plus the bass, the kick, snare, clap, closed and open hats, cymbals, some percs, some fx layers

and thats just a basic work flow of around 20 tracks

so yes it is frustrating wanting to like drambo has a main daw, but having issues that takes me away from fully committing to drambo work environment,

• edited June 2022

Have you considered running Drambo instances inside Drambo to multiply the number of tracks available?

• edited June 2022

Just create Layers of instruments to bypass the Track limit. I do fairly layered compositions and don’t find Drambo limiting at all.

Also if you run Drambo inside AUM you can go crazy with your tracks and use as many as your iPad can handle.

As in life, limitations are solely bound to one’s mindset 😉

I wish my car would go 180mph but dang it, it won’t go above 135mph. Vroom vroom. 🫠

The Digitakt style kit i demoed earlier really helps with Drumkits and other sample based kits and allows you to have 8 instruments on a single Track 🤔

”There is no solution, because there is no problem,” -Marcel Duchamp

• edited June 2022

to be honest i haven’t considered that because i wasn’t looking at it that way, i guess because i got used to using daws like, NS2, Cubasis, zenbeats or ect so i guess i was trying to find that same work flow on drambo and also because i got the habit of starting to get to know an ios daw environment and workflow by using what i familiar with, like for example i love having the option of auv3 instruments and fx plugins on an ios daw because that means that im able to brings and add the tools that im familiar with into the new environment of a daw like drambo which helps me focus on everything else like the environment of a daw, and the workflow process for composing and arranging a full track, so once i fully understand the workflow and environment then i can focus on the rest of the internal tools which yes there is alot to learn there 😱 specially on combining modules which its not my cup of tea 😫 plus i don’t read manuals 🤦🏻 but it’s all good im a fast learner 🤔 😄

right now i can say i do understand about 90% of the environment and about 50% of the modules of Drambo, which made me realize that drambo is not limited like i mention on this main post i do apologize for that because there is plenty of work around and flexibility to creat a full complete song without the need of too many tracks

basically the solution is grouping, by just looking at each track as a group hub and bus channels or basically i can also think of a track as an input for a mixer which can have any amount of instruments and fx, which means i don’t need too many individual main tracks to accomplish a full song which is great

but i still do think the pianoroll should have the option to choose all the different type of time signatures and of course triplets, for all type of melodies, chords, drums and percussion rhythms styles

• @NosidelMontesino Yes, Drambo is nothing like a classic DAW and that's intentional.

It's more like a huge modular system with a fairly powerful sequencer that basically works much like a modular system from decades ago, except that you don't have to layer track by track to achieve higher polyphony and multi-timbrality without going bankrupt 😉

basically the solution is grouping, by just looking at each track as a group hub and bus channels or basically i can also think of a track as an input for a mixer which can have any amount of instruments and fx, which means i don’t need too many individual main tracks to accomplish a full song which is great

Correct.

but i still do think the pianoroll should have the option to choose all the different type of time signatures and of course triplets, for all type of melodies, chords, drums and percussion rhythms styles

Definitely.

• @rs2000 @echoopera @number37 @quartzite i just wanted to say thank you to everyone who help me out on understanding what i wasn’t clear about so again thank you to you all 🙏🏽

• You're welcome @NosidelMontesino 😊

• @NosidelMontesino sure thing. Drambo can be pretty deep but its flexibility allows it to work for you. 👊🏼™️

• Agree that triplets (and other tuplets) will be a very welcome addition in future updates :-)

• edited June 2022

+ 3/3

• hm, what tempo are you all in?

i find triplets get annoying quick if its uptempo

• For now you could just pick yourself up a copy of Atom 2 Piano Roll, and use it as a AU MIDI Processor inside Drambo for all of your triplet/tuplet time signature needs. Works great!