Track receives on all MIDI channels although a specific channel is selected

edited June 2020 in Known issues

I just tried to emulate MIDI controlled sequencer steps to improve the sequencer behavior but iOS Accessibility Switch Control still forwards MIDI data to Drambo and this way, by coincidence, I've found that the Track MIDI channel selection does not work.

No matter if I select "ANY" or one of 1..16, the track will always receive MIDI data from all channels so it will not only record notes played on the keyboard on channel one but also incoming control data on channel 14.

Comments

• @TheInvisibleMan Do you remember in which version it was fixed? Can't find it in the release notes.

• FYI: I'm working in Drambo standalone.

Beatstep connected over USB and sending on MIDI Ch 14, Keystep connected via Bluetooth and sending on MIDI Ch 1.

In iOS Accessibility settings, I've built a Drambo recipe with 16 gestures that are simple sequencer taps on the 16 individual steps, each "step tap gesture" is mapped to the respective Beatstep pad.

The track is set to receive on MIDI channel 1 and the Beatstep pads are perfectly tapping on the sequencer steps but the step records the notes both from the Keystep and from the Beatstep although the latter sends on MIDI Ch 14.

• Checking and fixing

• Tried this with Note and CC messages both in AU and Standalone (external controller) and it works.. could you tell me more?

• edited July 2020

Have you really configured Accessibility switch control including Note-triggered gestures that tap on sequencer steps?

Edit - My setup:

• Keystep as a MIDI keyboard and MIDI controller
    • Beatstep pads to toggle 16 sequencer steps while playing notes and chords on the Keystep
  • What accessibility settings do you mean? How do they affect midi?

• edited July 2020

Settings => Accessibility => Switch Control on iOS has a "Switches" and a "Recipes" section.

Under Switches, you can add MIDI messages as named incoming triggers and under Recipes, you can add new gestures (solo taps, multiple fingers taps, swipe gestures, several taps in sequence etc) and map each to a pre-defined switch. This way, I can use MIDI notes to control any app on iOS, including apps that know nothing about MIDI or music apps that don't have remote control for the transport bar etc.

My guess is that once enabled, these MIDI messages somehow override Drambo's MIDI channel filter.

• Wow, I wasn't aware of that :O

• It's cool. Finally gave me transport control inside Genome MIDI and scroll and zoom features on my motorcycle iPhone navigation using a cheap Bluetooth game controller mounted on the handlebar.

• Kudos! :)

• I will check this later.. it can't override Drambo settings, seems it does something different.

• No hurry, there are other more important requests now.