Is it possible to extend Graphic Env lenght?

Hello All.

Simple question ; as my title says, is there a way to extend [Graphic Env] length?

Or maybe a way to use [Graphic Modulator] as en enveloppe?

I'm looking for a way to trigger long envelopes in live situation.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers!

Comments

• Actually, what I'm trying to achieve is to morph, with the [Morph] modulator and the [Graphic Env], slow parameters changes.

I found that 5 seconds length is a little short.

Also, another problem I'm running thru is that, once a [Graphic Env] has been triggered, it stays at th end of its cycle.

While I'm building my set and practising, I have to deal with all the [Graphic Env] stuck at the end of there cycle.

The only way I have found to bring them back to their initial state waiting to be triggered is by restarting my project.

Thanks again for any advice.

• Agreed, 10 seconds would be more useful.

Why do you want to bring it back? Why wouldn't you let the Env shape end at the same value as at its start?

• Imagine if we could set the 'time' for each x-grid division when using the graphical envelope?

(ex. 32 divisions where each division is 1/64 beat to 16-bars or maybe 1ms to 10s etc. etc.).

That would be totally bonkers and allow insanely long envelopes...

• https://patchstorage.com/long-envelope/

this could be extended with help from all of you, but it turns graphic mod into a one shot envelope.

• @rs2000 I hope to be clear ; it is because once I'm done with my improvisations, when I want to restart my set, all the envelopes needs to be reset so I could retrieve all the initial parameters settings.

@bcrichards Thanks Ben, I will take a look at your patch. That would be great to have a graphic mod module that could be set to one shot.

Thanks a lot for your help!

• @doug_meatloaf

A freshly added Graphic Env will always send 0 at its output. If you let the envelopes end at 0, wouldn't that solve it?

• Have you tried to combine 2 graphic envs?

This should give you 5sec attack and 5sec decay time... Decay gets triggered when attack reaches 1.

probably a lot of ways to achieve something similar (probably even longer by combining more of them)

• @rs2000 isnt this similar to your Loop Sustain patch?

I’ve just had a look at my one which sort of works but it doesn’t go smoothly into the sustain section.

I seem to remember your one having a couple of things to make the transitions much smoother.

• @rs2000 😁

Yeah, I remembered all of us having a conversation about this ages ago.

I was midway through my design and yours rocked up and though

I was on the right path with my design, you had this S&H transition thing

that just smoothed yours nicely and that's what got me into exploring the S&H module.

• @rs2000 if the enveloppe moves back to 0 before the end of my improvisation, the sound parameters it is affecting will change. Thanks for persistence.