Send gate signal when value not equal to zero

Hello Drambo community.

I have a question.

Here’s my patch :

I would like to send a gate signal each time a step value of the Velocity sequencer is not equal to zero.

If possible, not having to use another Step Sequencer for the gate signal.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Comments

• Instead of using two cv sequencers try one CV sequencer and the Gate+Velocity sequencer.

The Gate+Velocity sequencer will send a gate signal when velocity is not equal to zero.

• Thanks for your answer Gravitas.

You are right indeed.

I realize that by wanting to simplify my patch for this question on the forum, I asked the wrong question.

To be more precise, I want to be able to modulate the Velocity by using this method found elsewhere on the forum :

Is there a way to send a gate signal only when the Velocity knobs are not equal to zero?

Sorry for this misunderstanding.

• Could you take the Gate generated by the sequencer, ANDed with Velocity>0?

• If you're not going to change the rhythm of the sequencer

simply use the Clock Generator module connected to the Gate input

and set to Trigs/beat to 1.00, adjust gate length to taste.

I was trying to figure it out using the Math modules and I'm sure

someone has already figured this out but that's my take on it. :)

The other thing you could do is place notes on the Track seqeuncer and use that instead.

• edited March 2023

Thanks a lot to you both for your answers.

I have found a way that seems to work as expected.

• I tried that and nothing happened.

I think the AND module responds to gate signal off/on rather than a cv signal.

I'm currently having a look.

• You could take out the Multiply module and connect the Clock Generator directly.

No worries.

It's given me food for thought.

Thanks.

• edited March 2023

@gravitas if I take out the multiply, I don’t know how to explain it clearly but the enveloppe gets triggered sometimes by the clock generator if a step gate’s is ON followed by an OFF step gate. Kind of leaking. Hope you understand.

• Yeah, I think I've got it.

Regardless, if it works for the sound/effect your aiming to achieve then it's all good. :)

• @uncleDave

I tried A=B using the Function module and I got something happening using the OR or XOR modules.

When velocity is equal to zero then the gate opens and remains open

until the next “normal” gate signal on/off resumes. as shown in this screenshot.

There is certainly room for improvement in my math,

Anyway…