Drambo sync to hardware

Hi,

I'm trying to slave Drambo to my Digitakt but not having a lot of luck. All MIDI clock and transport messages are turned on in the Digitakt and sync in Drambo is set to host. Are there any other settings I need to look at?

Comments

• edited July 2020

Drambo in Audiobus should work, with Audiobus slaving to the Digitakt clock. If you want Drambo to be in AUM, then host AUM in Audiobus and let Audiobus bridge midi clock to Link to drive AUM.

It's easier to go the other way round though. AUM as the master, hardware as the slave, but its understandable when people don't want to go that direction.

• Ok thanks. Will try out audio bus

• hey I am wondering the same. drambo will start my opz but the opz won't start drambo. I want to use drambo as auv3 host so putting it in another app isn't an option. how come there is no way to just slave it to midi from hardware? or am i missing something?

cheers :)

• A few fixes regarding MIDI clock are on the way. Make sure you try again when the update is on the Appstore.

• Just tested it on the latest beta and it works as expected here...

to slave Drambo to an external midi clock source, you need to check 3 things:

• Digitakt midi clock output is enabled
    • Drambo knows which port to listen to for sync - enable port for ‘CLOCK’ in Settings
    • In transport properties set ‘Sync’ to ‘MIDI clock’

I have an Octatrack connected to MIDISPORT Port A; OT is sending Clock and Transport. In this case Drambo won’t respond to its own transport control (PLAY button)...

instead, I’m controlling Drambo transport from OT.