Delay/Feedback module scaling?

@giku i am working on a rack where I need to build delays with the feedback modules and delay processors. I’ll have a series of them in parallel and each delay is exactly double the time of the delay before it.

Is there a way to get scaling on the knob or through modulation for the delay module on Seconds mode to equal that of the feedback module? I’d like to set both at 30ms, but I need both modules to extend all the way to 1 second. Ideally, they would respond exactly the same to modulation. I tried setting seconds to .03 but can’t seem to zero it in.

Comments

• I recently started building a clone of a fairly deep AUv3 rhythmic delay and the way I worked around it was using the beat synced delay modes that are available in all delays.

Maybe not what you're looking for but whenever I needed delays, they had to be adjusted relative to the beat clock.

• PS: The scaling is identical but keep in mind that delay times from the delay module and the feedback module add up so if you need all delay taps, you'll have to route them accordingly.

• @rs2000 is there a way to determine how it all scales? I tested it out with one rack - feedback mod (30ms) and a delay (30ms). It sounded slightly different than feedback mod (30ms) and delay (.03s).

itll be 1 rack - just feedback mod, 1 rack feedback mod and 1 delay, 1 rack feedback mod and 3 delay, so doubling every time. You can switch between doubling delay times for some really cool effects. It’s all based off MakeNoise mimeophone. I’m not replicating every bit of the hardware.

• Hey, that Mimeophone is quite a deep device. I'll ckeck it out.

So what you basically need is a solution to double delay times that always works both for delay module delay time as well as feedback delay time, no matter what delay time is currently set on both?

• Yep! So it could be a feedback module that uses the same timing convention as the delay module. Or if the delay module showed in varying time units instead of decimal values.

• But also so that they scale in unison if they’re set to the same value.

• A low priority request :)

• Figured it out at least for my use case! Thanks.