How to import patches?

edited April 2020 in How to's

Sorry I need advice on that.

What I tried (as almost all other apps work that way):

1. downloaded from https://patchstorage.com/platform/drambo/, opened iTunes select my iPad select file sharing. But no app Drambo there.
  2. downloaded from Safari on the iPad. That gives me the choice to save it to Mega and more... But under more no Drambo listed.

As some here obviously are able to import patches, but neither in the manual nor elsewhere on this site it is explained, I needed to open this thread. I bet its simple, but certainly not obvious if you don't know it...

Comments

• edited April 2020

I will delete the question mark in the title as soon it is explained here...;-)

• i think it is easiest for save to files from your browser. Then in Drambo, from the rack presets menu (in module selector), there is an import option. Import project will be back in app soon, I think. I struggle to download shared projects as well, as they don’t always open.

• I suggested to have Drambo automatically save a .drmodule preset into the correct module preset folder and offer the user to use that module with that preset immediately... Dunno what others think about it.

• Yeah I think automatic handling of shared Drambo stuff is necessary

• @bcrichards To load a downloaded project file, you can copy it to the Drambo/Projects folder in iCloud, then just open it from the Drambo hamburger menu ("Open" and select iCloud at the top). In order to share the file from another app, the sharing menu needs to show "Copy to Drambo". Chrome and FileExplorer do this, and it works. Most others (Safari, Files, etc.) show "Open in Drambo", which does not work. Drambo opens, but does not appear to receive the file.

• Ouch. People still keep asking how to open files correctly.

• Yeah, honestly I haven’t downloaded anything from patchstorage because of all the difficulty people have expressed trying to load patches. I’m hoping that in the next update some of it will be ironed out.

• I tried exporting a Drambo Project to a folder I made in an AudioShare Files folder, in the files App.

I read others were having problems opening Drambo files from the files App, and I couldn't get it to work either.

What did work....

I long held on the Drambo File in the Files App, until the share menu came up.

I tapped on the Email Icon, and emailed the file to myself.

Next I opened the received email and tapped on the attached Drambo file. This opened a "save to Drambo" option.

When I tapped "save to Drambo", the project file opened in the Drambo App.

• @Horsetrainer Unfortunately this email trick did not work for me.

• @hypnopad @Tj_Shredder With the updated Drambo 1.02, it appears that "Open in Drambo" now works from apps that offer it, e.g. Files. There's also an "import file" option in the Open item of the hamburger menu which works too. So importing downloaded .drproject files should no longer be a problem.

• I have no problem opening project files, but import of .drmodule files doesn’t seem to work. Any news on that, or isn’t it possible?

• @denx You can import modules from inside Drambo. At the top of the module add menu, select "presets", then you can navigate to the downloaded file, using the usual "Files" interface.

• This does not work on my iPad! That is what I wanted to explain. I do not have icloud activated btw. There should be no need to...

• edited April 2020

Still does not work here. I have automated updates, but how could I be sure to have the newest version loaded? Does not appear in iTunes (OS X Mojave), does not list within the iPad Safari.

Maybe as additional note, I have an iPad mini 3 and thus iOS 12.4.6

• @Tj_Shredder not that you should have to, but have you tried a different browser app? If Chrome for instance will allow you to save to Files, then you’re good.

• @Tj_Shredder Unfortunately, there's no version indicator in Drambo. You can see the version in iPad Settings –> General –> iPad Storage, and scroll down to Drambo. It's about 40 Mb plus whatever goodies you may have added. Tap on the Drambo entry and it will show the version. 1.03 has just been released.

@giku Please add version indicator somewhere in the app settings, so we can easily check.

For fast-moving apps like this, I check the App Store daily. Just search for Drambo and visit the page. If there's an update, "Open" will morph into "Update".

• edited April 2020

I do have the most recent version. I have no idea how others do the import. Maybe someone can make a video of it?

Actually Firefox and Brave would download the presets from patchstorage, but I can't access them from Drambo.