Interfacing dRambo with Eurorack

12345679»

Comments

• edited January 9

what does your audio I/O look like?

im thinking of getting a patchbay again ...

• edited January 9

Audio inputs / outputs

Air 3 + Behringer UMC1820

Input

Ch 1+2 Finger Squire Jazzbass + Epiphone Wildkat electric guitar

Ch 3+4 Behringer Q802 mixer for Korg Volca Drum + Beats + Korg NTS-1+ JV1010 sound module

Ch 5+6 distortion + dyna compressors pedals (3+4 normally have distortion pedals as well however look above)

Ch 7+8 Joemeek C2 opto stereo compressor

Outputs

Ch 1+2 Master Mix

Ch 3+6 distortion + dyna compressors

Ch 7+8 Joemeek

ADAT out is for the Expert Sleepers ES-3 which serves for both CV voltages and audio

SPDIF input/ output and ADAT input are currently unused

iPhone 7 + Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 mkii

Inputs

Ch 1 unused

Ch 2 vocal mic

Ch 3+4 Teenage Engineering 24db/oct self oscillating filters with dRambo oscillators + VCA + LPG

Ch 5+6 Behringer Crave + Moog Werkstatt via SPDIF IN using a Zoom U-44 in standby mode

Outputs

Ch 1+4 are being used for CV voltages

Ch 5+6 is the master mix which goes into a Behringer SRC2496 + dBX 266A compressor via SPDIF

The Master outputs from both idevices are then summed using a Subzero SZ-MIX08 usb mixer and

then finally I use a Soundcraft Notepad 5 usb to monitor on my main monitor speakers and via headphones.

Because the Soundcraft Notepad 5 also has an inbuilt usb audio interface I can use

any idevice or android compatible device to get the main mix direct to video or live stream.

Coincidentally all of the mixers currently being used have inbuilt usb audio interfaces

so I can tap into the signal path at almost any point of the signal chain.

A patchbay would certainly be useful in the future however I’ve got more than enough to play with. ;)

• And then this arrived through the post today courtesy of a really good friend of mine.

I haven’t plugged it in yet however it does look dreamy. :)

• let the fuzz begin ^^

• More news to follow.

• My Korg Volca Drum and iphone stand, obviously the iphone is running dRambo.

I recently learnt how to do 3D printing.

It’s basic but more than serviceable. ;)

• My first hybrid live stream in the dRambo Group on Facebook.