geomagnetics - milkdrop jam

Was playing around getting milkdrop visuals to work in OBS via ProjectM and worked up this little trippy sequence to go along with it

I tried some new audiounits on this one like Nambu, Buttersynth, Trooper, and Cascade.

I was using "clips auto-grow" feature to record long performances but it kept crashing when I went to loop it so I stopped using it. Its a useful feature though when you just want to play.

I love the Quantize module! Its so awesome for jamming, although I wish it could to 32nd notes.

Comments

• Nice one!

About the Quantize module: That should theoretically work when multiplying the time signal by 2 but apparently it doesn't @giku.

• I got around it by running my project at double the BPM and that was fine since my patterns didn't need to be super long. the default of 1/16th though is the most useful and dropping it in front of the arpeggiator or with pads set to a scale its fun to bash around on and come up with stuff

• edited August 2023

double the clip speed ;)

• I tried this and the results were kind off bizarre; If the pattern is double speed its like the quantize doesn't work but instead buffers a bunch of notes and just spits them out rapidly. Switch it back to normal and the 1/6 note quantization works as expected. Did this work for you?

• edited August 2023

I usually use the stepper with double clip speed, I wouldn't notice if quantize wouldn't work

I just turned the tempo down, doubled the clip speed, turned metronome on and was able to record on the one and 3 4 step

thats what I played? 🤷🏻‍♂️