slow LFO

Hi - wondering how to get the LFO module to run at a slower rate than one cycle per 16 beats when synced to the main clock. I’m using the LFO in S&H mode to randomly change patterns of the midiDRUMs sequencer. It would be nice to have it send a value to switch the pattern every 64 beats (8 bars) or longer. I gave the Scale Time module a try, placing it before the LFO, but was not able to get a slower rate than once per 16 beats.

Or if there is a better way to do this other than using a S&H LFO to randomly mod the pattern number, I am open to suggestions.

Comments

• To make the LFO follow the modified time signal, you first need to convert the time signal to clock pulses that the LFO can be triggered with. Like so:

Oh and sorry, also please disable "bipolar" so the LFO output gives you sane (positive only) modulation amounts.

• Thanks, @rs2000 !

Connecting the LFO gate to the clock pulse resets the start of the LFO wave cycle with each pulse but does not seem to affect the rate/frequency. I’m still not able to get the frequency of the S&H wave to be longer than 4 bars, even with the smallest Scale Time fraction and the lowest trigs/beat of the Clock Generator.

• Ah OK, I'd rather put a threshold on the time signal and let that trigger an S&H module for sampling a random number generator (or just noise).

This will also let you send a pattern change event shortly before the actual pattern cycle so the receiver will have the pattern ready in time.