How can i route to differnt Tracks?

camcam
edited August 2023 in Tips and Tricks

I warnt to route outs (e.g. Koala) to diffent Tracks. So Track 1 contains Koala complete and in Track 2, 3,4, … are the Kicks, Snares hihats….etc.

thanks a lot

Comments

• edited August 2023
    • Load Koala in Drambo track 1.
    • Add a mixer or adder. Hit the plus sign and add the first channel of Koala. Repeat for the remaining Koala outputs. This will give you the full mix output on track 1.
    • Go to Drambo track 2.
    • If you don't want any FX on track 2 then tap the audio output of track 2. Otherwise add the FX and tap the audio input of that FX.
    • With the audio input to be assigned flashing, navigate to track 1 where you should see Koala's outputs. Tap output 2 to connect it.
    • Repeat for track 3, 4, etc.
    • In Koala assign each pad to the output needed.

• Thanks @number37 the First 3 steps Are Not a Problem. Can you recommend a Tutorial?

i Would Like to have a Drambo Mixer with Instruments and Fax for dub Style Music.

• edited August 2023

Sorry, I don't have any reference to a tutorial to follow. I suggest walking through the steps and then asking questions if you run into something you don't understand. It's not difficult once you get the idea of how audio routing works in Drambo.

• That’s one way.

I’d set up Koala a little differently and load it into the main, then create eight new tracks for each of Koala’s eight outputs.

Thats of course if I wasn’t planning on using Koala to sample things. If I was, then I’d insert it on the master.

• edited August 2023

I would too, but the OP stated they wanted Koala complete on Track 1with the rest on Track 2, 3, 4 ...

I also wouldn't have the Koala complete if I had the rest of the tracks. It seems too easy to inadvertently double-up sounds. I should probably have doe the example with a mixer rather than adder so at least defaulting the individual channels on Track 1 all the way down would help to prevent that.

• Thank you very much for the detailed Info.