Make a long recording that has a synced loop point

Flexi looper has a limitation on how long I can record and I really want to make long recordings that will stay in sync when it loops.

Comments

• Maybe try recording the stems directly.

You can arm the individual tracks that you need to record.

• I need a loop point that's quantized to a bar but like up to 5 minutes long. If I'm not mistaken flexis limit is 1(I think)

• Loopy Pro loaded as an AUv3 is a good choice for that. Costs a bit tho.

• If I’m not mistaken dRambo will end the recording at the end of a bar/phrase

however I haven’t tested it myself as I normally record the whole performance

externally and I use Loopy Pro for creating loops when needed.

• Indeed it's worth thinking about a longer recording time in Flexi.

The thing is: All recorded audio needs to fit into RAM. This might not be as much of an issue in Drambo standalone but when using enough hosted AUv3s then low memory can lead to crashes.

If iOS would allow apps to detect the size of remaining free RAM then Drambo could stop recording at a safe level but as far as I remember that's still impossible.

What's the deal @giku? I'm sure you can give us more details.

• edited August 2023

Or maybe disk streaming could be implemented some day as it is in Loopy Pro. I know - that's a big ask. As far as I'm concerned just using Loopy is fine until that happens, if ever.

• Yes, that would be the obvious and better solution. Let's see how it's going to be prioritized, we've discussed this long ago already in the beta team.