Drambo

edited September 2023 in Drambo

I’ve been using drambo for the last ten days and recently just purchased the wavetable bundle , my conclusion is that it’s just an incredible piece of software , which didn’t really came as a surprise since it the same guy behind dagger

I’ve been into hard—soft for almost 3 decades , yamaha tg77 , nord modular , sequentix circklon , software wise I ve been a hard core reaktor user-builder ( you can check out my reaktor ensembles under the name gentleclockdivider) and a moderate supercollider user (;also an incredible piece of open source software )

I am not saying that Drambo is better , but under certain conditions it really rivals these hardware - software counterparts , what I don’t really like is the summing engine , everything kind of falls apart when summed .

This of could be because of the cheapo stock ipad dac .

The big elepaphant t in the room for me is ..damn .why only ipad ?

Making music on ipad feels so disconnected , I am sure if Drambo would be available as a vst , a lot more people would rave about it ( just like the ios folks ) and it would get a lot more exposure .

Comments

• Personally speaking that’s why I use audio interfaces.

The sound quality is far better.

• I’ve been into hard—soft for almost 3 decades , yamaha tg77 , nord modular

same here, 30+ years of oscillating between HW and SW .. had old micromodular and modular G2 .. while i sill love the memory of them, both miRack and Drambo are vastly superior to them in both terms of possibilities and sound.

It's fantastic to have such poweful tools on ipad or even in iphone. Sometimes still wondering what amazing future is now :) We doesn't have flying cars, but rest we have is lite 10x (at least) what we imagined 20 years ago

• edited September 2023

I don't know about summing, its a term usually used in mystical sound quality discussions where digital addition supposedly sounds different in certain applications but nobody wants to prove it. But Drambo can be used as an Audio Unit on Mac and it works wonderful.

I agree Drambo is amazing and deserves more attention, but then again it's run by one person so maybe too much growth would bring issues...

• As long as giku is getting some bank for this software , and he can comfortably continue on as a software iOS developer then +101

drambo is what brought me to iOS, and what kept me there

• "what I don’t really like is the summing engine , everything kind of falls apart when summed ."

You don't like the way two numbers are added together? Because no DAW/Groovebox audio engine does anything more than that unless it is broken.

"The big elepaphant t in the room for me is ..damn .why only ipad ?"

I imagine because p-locks would be really awkward without a multi-touch user interface. And if you compromise on that then there is a ton of much better modular synths available on other platforms.