Note repeat

Hi!

Not a user yet. Tried to find a module overview but couldn't find.

I'm looking for an app that can do simple note repeat.

Midi in - note

Repeated with identical note value, velocity, channel and length

Sent to - midi out.

Can this be done with midi modules in Drambo?

Comments

• Of course!

How exactly would you like it to behave?

Just repeat notes at the pre-adjusted bpm speed?

Quarters, eithts, sixteenths?

With shuffle groove? 😉

• There is the MIDI delay module. Feed the note into the delay and on the output side you use a MIDI mixer to mix both the MIDI from the delay and the original note.

• edited December 2023

That sounds very much ike what I'm looking for. So a four note repeat would be four delays, and then into a midi mixer and then out. How would I control the speed with a single control? It would preferably be BPM with delaytime as 8ths.

• Much easier @oortone,

you could either use a bpm synced LFO that is re-triggered with every note-on from your keyboard and a Math "AND" module to trigger and re-trigger notes as long as you hold the key, or use a CV/Gate sequencer module if you'd like to tru more advanced retrigger rhythms, or the built-in "Punch-in effects" to di the same with recorded sequences.

There are more possibilities like using a key-triggered Euclidean Sequencer but I think that should do it for now 😉

• edited December 2023

I just tried another interesting variation. This uses three shift registers. One for velocity, one for pitch and one for gate.

• For monophonic note input an arp module will work too.

• edited December 2023

This would be for polyphonic use and four repeats of every note identical to original every time, regardless of held keys. It's for a not so technical person who wants to try the concept a contemporary composer (forgot the name) who uses this on a mechanical special piano which uses some kind of mechanical repetition of notes. So there are actually no long notes since it's a piano sound.

So can I count on polyphony to work as expected? I looked on some other modular concepts but that did not handle polyphony well in this regard.

• OK @oortone, that's even easier to do.

This patch would forward the original note played plus it would add the notes with the same timing as played four times. Each repeated note would appear after the delay adjusted with the "Delay Time" knob.

It would also work with notes played polyphonically.

The Delay Time knob in each MIDI DELAY module is connected to the DELAY TIME knob module.

Please post here if you run into any issues, we're here to help 😊

• Great thanks.