Midi sequencer restart unwanted

I have a problem with midi sequencer when i play chords on keyboard.

1, add midi sequencer for one track 

2, select for midi in ( off ) .

3 , select for mode ( note’s ).

4 , play one note for example E and hold down 

5 , sequencer play from start properly 

6 , About halfway through the playhead of sequencer I add another note for example G 

Problem : sequencer restart from first step again , but I expected, the playhead continued on its path instead of restarting from first step . Because Earlier, the Note E was held down , And considering that I chose the (  off )  for midi in and I chose ( notes )  for the mode , In principle, the sequencer  play head should not be restarted every time a new note is added to the previous note.

Just like an arpeggiator, or drummachines no matter how many times we add a new note to the previous notes, the playhead continues on its path and does not restart at all.

Maybe your logic for the notes in mode section is exactly what it is right now , So I should not label it as a problem, but I should ask you for adding new option for  ( mode )  for the sequencer, with the difference that if we play a note, the sequencer starts, and if we add another note or notes, the sequencer does not restart and continues .

I know that there are different modes for avoiding of this problem like : time input  host and note selected , I am completely familiar with their function and in what cases they can be used, But in many cases and for special reasons, I need to get chords on the keyboard, or better say, get notes that are going to be added or subtracted from them at some stage.

Is there any solution to solve this problem ?

Do you accept my request? Thank you very much and I will be happy if you accept my request.

Comments

• The idea of Note mode is to launch the clip triggered by one note.

In combination with MIDI in = Transpose, this makes a nice sequence launcher at any desired pitch.

What you're requesting is a new functionality so let me make sure we understand it correctly:

What you want is a mode that allows you to both launch a sequence with the first played note and then, while the first note is still held, add more notes to let the sequence play polyphonically. Only when the last note is released, the sequence will stop playing.

Correct?

• Thanks for reply,

No, I don't mean the sequencer's polyphonic playback,

I mean, if the first note is played, the sequencer will start , and if any other note is added, the sequencer will continue to play instead of restarting from the beginning.

And the sequencer stops when no note has been taken down and all notes have been released.

This means that the sequencer does not react to the addition or decreasing of notes.

Maybe you have this question, why do I need to take a chord or add a note or notes to the previous note?

Imagine I put the sequencer on track number one , And in track #2 I put an instrument that is supposed to react to my notes, which can be one note or several notes, and play them chordally or polyphonically.,and I am playing a chord or one note using the Drumbo virtual keyboard, In this case, the sequencer is not supposed to be affected by the addition of notes or the decrease of those notes, and doesn’t restarted or stop by the addition of notes or the decrease of notes. and stop only when no note is pressed on the keyboard.

• Why is the sequencer on track 1 being affected by keyboard input from track 2? (if I’m following correctly)

• A possible solution could be to split the track's MIDI using two Note Filter modules.

One key range will trigger the Sequencer module and the other key range will play the instrument on the track directly. For example, you would trigger the sequencer(s) with the left hand and play on top of it with the right hand.

• No , No track is supposed to be influenced by another track.

Both tracks are supposed to be controlled directly from the keyboard only.

you wrote: A possible solution could be to split the track's MIDI using two Note Filter modules.

One key range will trigger the Sequencer module and the other key range will play the instrument on the track directly. For example, you would trigger the sequencer(s) with the left hand and play on top of it with the right hand.

🔺Yes, this can be a solution, but not all the time

for example : I'm going to play my chords and notes on a drambo virtual keyboard that I use on an iPad. So two hands cannot work easily on an iPad.

2, Second, I need the entire audio range of 7 octaves or 8 octaves for the instrument in the second track, which by limiting the range in the way you said is not useful for me in many cases.

Therefore, I need the start seqencer command to be executed anywhere on the keyboard where I play a chord or a note that needs to be sent to the instrument.

• I see what you mean. Basically no matter what mode you’re in (except for Time input), then the sequencer restarts to the offset point on a new gate, note, etc.

there’s a potential workaround with ‘time input’ mode. I’m not at my ipad to work out the finer details, but a graphic envelope or graphic modulator into something like a track and hold would get you part of the way there.

• A few more ideas @pejman:

• Processing a polyphonic gate signal from MIDI2CV with a Poly To Mono module will help you get a gate signal that is high as long as any amount of notes is played. This can trigger a Sequencer module.
    • The Midi Mixer Mutes can be controlled with Morph knobs. If you modulate each Morph knob with the respective gate signal, this would dynamically enable or disable voices as played.
    • The MIDI Transpose module can have its transposing pitch modulated by the Pitch from a MIDI To CV module.

Sorry I won't build the whole patch myself because I have no use for this kind of scenario 😉

• You wrote ; Processing a polyphonic gate signal from MIDI2CV with a Poly To Mono module will help you get a gate signal that is high as long as any amount of notes is played. This can trigger a Sequencer module.

How can I use Poly To Mono, which is related to audio, for midi notes?

How can an Poly To Mono ​​convert my midi notes from polyphonic to mono ( one note ) ?

• Poly To Mono isn't specifically made for audio signals but rather for polyphonic signals which are kind of "hidden behind the scenes" in Drambo to make setting up polyphonic patches as easy as possible.

It wouldn't process the MIDI signal but rather the Gate signal coming from the MIDI To CV module.

The idea is to convert the mix of note-on and note-off messages while you play the keyboard into a signal that is high as long as you play one or more notes, in order to start the sequencer when you start playing but not restart it when you add more notes while playing.

• @rs2000

hi again,

With the method you suggest, if I take my fingers off the keys and no key is pressed, will the sequencer stop automatically?

Can you please show me with a screenshot what I need to put where to make this happen? I am a beginner in drumbo.