Clips auto-grow VS record finger drumming using different tracks

edited April 25 in How to's

Hey,

I love the clips auto-grow feature. To my understanding, it only works on the focused track, and as soon as you select an other track, the functions stops and it's logical for a lot of good reasons.

What I wish to achieve is : midi record a live drum (using external pads), while having the different parts (kick, snare, HH...) on different tracks, so afterwards I can quickly delete the snare clip for example, and re-record it afterwards.

Is there a way of doing the impossible ? 😄

Comments

• That would require recording on multiple tracks simultaneously.

I don't think that there's a straightforward way of doing this now.

• edited April 25

I’m Not sure why do you want to do it that way? Isn’t having all the samples triggered on one track working for you? Either load the sampler module full of samples (only allows you to control volume of each sample separately) or…

…use a layer mixer module and put a flexi sampler on each layer putting a note filter before each flexi. This will give you a full control over each sample (amp/velocity/pan etc) you can also finger drum on the onscreen pads when your controller isn’t connected.

• @supadom I think that the idea is to add recording to the multitrack sequencer view.

You can add notes manually in Drambo on different tracks but you can't record on all tracks simultaneously afaik.

• Yep, I get it @rs2000 I have requested from @giku to be able to hold undo and the note to be deleted to delete any sequencer events for that note.

When holding undo and tapping the note quickly that would delete all events of that note in the pattern.

When holding undo and then tapping and holding the note that would delete the events in real time as the playhead moves.

I’m not sure whether it got logged but I remember getting thumbs up from Giku.

• @supadom Have you tried it? ;)

• Thank you for the inputs guys and sorry for the delay !

@rs2000 But you actually can record notes on multiple tracks though ! Or am I insane ? Set "Receives Midi" on two tracks to always and voilà.

@supadom Yep, I tried all sorts of things, but the thing I love about my setup is to be able to select one instrument (one track), and delete the clip with one physical button. For example, I tap KIK1, I press DEL, and it's gone.

Side story :

Having owned the electribe 2, I really liked the fact you could tap on an instrument (pad), and edit it straight away or remove the recorded sequence for that part. This is my ongoing philosophy with drambo. The 8 pads shown on the picture are for percussions, and I have 8 other buttons for synths and fx.

• edited April 28

@Etienne hold undo + note to delete is currently in beta so you’ll be able to use it on one track if need be. There’s no ETA for now but at least it’s in the pipeline.

• Ok, this is not a pressing matter but I'm glad it's on. I think I see how I'll midi map this in the future. So one track it'll be !