Euclidean Logic

For those who are lusting after the euclidean sequencing in the Digitakt II (& Rytm II), I made this Drambo rack does the same euclidean comparison magic. Its actually even more powerful because you can still use Drambo's euclidean accents and note values to make complex rhythms.

https://patchstorage.com/euclidean-logic/

Comments

• Nice!

I've built a similar patch recently, with more non-Eucluidean and (hopefully) more musical patterns inside many Graphic Shapers, to add even more variety and to also add some melodic generative features...

• Nice one. Simple and efficient.

@rs2000 sounds intriguing, you are a master of those graphic shapers :) Hope you plan to share as usual.

• Thanks @bleep! Yea this patch isn't that complicated under the hood, took a bit of thinking to decide on how to handle overlapping notes.

@rs2000 Yea this boolean approach can be applied to other sequencers to great effect :) I to would love to see what you've cooked up if you decide to post it.

• Sorry but that's one of the few patches that I won't share because it contains a lot of my personal melody and rhythm styles, kind of a database of my current and former ideas. It's also work in progress, kind of a simplistic AI trained on my own musical ideas with the intent to spit out similar fragments in new combinations.

I can tell you a little about the method though: Imagine a whole bunch of graphic shapers with shapes that represent certain rhythms and melodies, then swap between them more or less randomly but within the limits of reasonably musical results.

• I totally get it. I have a few "secret sauce" patches I keep to myself as well :)

• This video covers much of those “secret sauce” techniques https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p7YXXieghto

• edited May 3

I updated this rack. It now outputs an additional mod signal that makes it easy to modulate a preset a different sound for euclid 1 vs 2 (this works the same as note/velocity with blending).

I also added extended gate logic, so now the output gate can be longer than one step.

New video as well :)