Automation feedback (visual)

I don't know if it's mentioned on the forum before, but when there is an automaton on a knob, i don't see it moving. For me, it's more understandable to see what automations i dit, and how far a knob turns.

I don't know if it's easy to implement, but i guess it could have impact on the overall performance of the app.

Comments

• I miss this as well. Hard to know whats going on in a complex patch, or even just what an LFO is doing to a "subtle" parameter.

• edited April 2020

Current sequencer p-lock values will be displayed soon. I'm not sure about showing other live modulations (e.g. LFO) its a good idea. We are not able to grasp all of these flashing informations, to me its more distracting than helping. Calmness and zen comes first :)

I plan a Probe mode, you tap on module or input and see a signal, whenever you want.

• I think you should stick with p locks and in a less flashy (resources) but still informative way.

• Maybe it's possible, when you double-tap on a knob, you are given 2 options:

• Enter a true value
    • Show the value in a graphic form

Showing the value in a graphic form could be accomplished by a curved line around the knob, likewise they have done it with the Knobs in BitWig when they add an automation to it.

Let's say the knob represent the fixed value with the white line, and the modulated value with the orange arc.

In BitWig, the representation is a bit more complex. There, they show the orange arc as the fixed value from the point of origin (in the picture above, from zero) and a blue arc; The modulated value. But in the case of Drambo, only an orange arc would be enough as a representation of modulated value.

• On second hand: When modulation occurs, the white line in the knob moves in real time, and the orange arc shows the value of P-lock.

• Oops I just posted this too! Yes I understand it may be a CPU processor issue, but it would be cool to have the option.