CV Quantizer Help???

Can anyone help me figure this Module out. It seems like it will allow me to set my Scales for incoming notes and lock those notes to that Scale, but i can’t seem to get it to work with the internal keyboard in Drambo.

thanks in advance for the assistance πŸ™πŸΌπŸ’•

Comments

• edited April 2020

Never mind. I think i figured it out:

Hrmmm now the question is, does Chords module go before or after the CV Quantizer. i love this because it’s starting to feel like Ableton and BitWig with these stack of modules.

• Hrmm...maybe i spoke time soon...doesn’t seem to work in this signal flow...guess I’ll keep testing πŸ€“

• cv Quantizer would need to come after the chords midi module. Midi modules do not take pitch cv information.

so it could be midi chords -> Instrument (Midi 2 civi -> cv quantizer (rest of patch) )

always remember to look at what connections are actually active in Drambo, and reroute them if you need to.

• edited April 2020

You are the MAN!!! this seems to work now :) Thank you sir!

So like this setup?

• Yep. Key thing is your actual sound making modules have to be getting pitch information that’s been routed through the cv quantizer.

btw the notes in the quantizer can be plocked and morphed :)

• edited April 2020

So cool. Now the next thing is to figure our how to make this work when sequencing external gear/auv3 synths in AUM, and having it respect the CV Quantization......so many new things to learn. Thanks again for chiming in. I'm off to the races not worrying about playing wrong keys :)

• Currently I do t think there is a way to pass cv back to midi, at this point. We need a cv to midi module :) which is probably problematic, as midi notes contain gate/note/velocity, where cv is all decoupled.

• edited April 2020

Hrmmm...yeah, I was trying all sorts of things. Guess I'll just use KB-1 to send the specific scale notes to auV3 routed through Drambo.

just want to it all in Drambo ya know πŸ€ͺ

Thanks again!

• Here’s a video to make sure others no about it.