How do I output multiple tracks to record a sample on another track??

I want to record into Flexi Sampler from multiple tracks. I assume I need a Mix Bus but can't find this option or any info on how to use them.

(I find I can use the A or B aux buses but that is clearly a hack. I have to remove all effects, reset aux levels from the tracks, add a MIDI CV and Flexisampler to the aux, cut and paste the Sampler into a real track etc etc).

Any help would be appreciated here! A new user, I like Drambo but finding the learning curve hard...

Comments

• I believe you can just put a Mixer on a higher numbered track, and connect its inputs to the outputs of the source tracks. Routing in Drambo is a lot more flexible than AUM or a DAW. Think of a typical modular synth, with wires dangling everywhere. The only limit is signal flow left-to-right and top-down.

• That doesn’t seem to work; when I add a mixer module it’s not at all clear how to set more than one input. I found a older Drambo v1 video that showed more than the two aux tracks A and B (I guess these are mix busses) but for the life of me I can’t find a way to add them (in the default 8 track template there’s only A and B). This shouldn’t be so difficult to figure out!! If anyone knows how to do this, please help me out.

• Don't worry @matsou, learning all the depths of modular isn't easy in the beginning.

There are several ways to do it.

On the main track:

Or on the highest track, for example:

When adding a new input to the mixer, you tap on the "+", switch to a different track e.g. by the track buttons or a track pad and choose the output signal you want. Repeat it for every mixer channel.

• Remember, there is help for each module. Tap on the title bar, select Help. Or use "?" in the module selector. The help for Mixer explains how to add inputs. No need to search the web for videos.

• edited December 2022

Thanks all for your help! I think I figured out how to make a mix bus… just add a track then route signal from other tracks to it in the track setup, right? I guess Drambo v1 had a bunch of mix buses populated but now in v2 it’s just A and B, with unlimited mix buses (when track receives audio input from one or more other tracks). Is that correct or am I missing something?

• The track input routing only lets you receive audio from one lower-numbered track. There's no real concept of a mix bus in Drambo. Tracks A and B are configured for use as bus Sends for reverb,etc.

But, as already described, you can just insert a mixer on a track, and connect its inputs (+ sign) to any signal in lower-numbered tracks. Just create an input, then tap on the desired source. You can scroll, or switch tracks to reach that source. The track framework is not a wall blocking data, it's just a convenience when building a system.