CV glide question

Hi folks!

I´m trying to figure out a way to have the CV glide to work while playing notes in non-legato mono. I tryed enabling retrigger in the CV glide module, but is not gliding. It works perfect when I hold a note and then play another one, but that´s not what I´m looking for.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thank you!

Comments

• Could you clarify what you are looking for? Are you trying to emulate a particular instrument or synth effect? What do you want to happen after you release a note? Is it sustained until the next note arrives, or not? When the next note arrives, should the pitch glide from the previous note, no matter how long the interval between notes?

Some S&H magic might make the note pitch CV appear to change in a stepwise fashion, ignoring the note offs.

• That last one might be the answer I think.

But yeah, I made this approach to a theremin, it can be played with keys or an XY Pad (simulating the untempered nature of the instrument), so when this is used in Keys mode it is nice to have that effect of the right hand moving to the actual note. Here is the patch:

https://patchstorage.com/theremin/

• You can disconnect the gate module from CV glide. If you need gate signals for other modules after (ie vca or envelopes) just make sure they are not auto connecting to the CV glide gate out but the midi2cv.