Weird missing and ghost bars/measures when moving from clip to clip in launcher

Lately my clip launcher is not playing nice. It is randomly choosing when to move to the next clip pattern, sometimes before the bar is complete, sometimes adding a bar and then moving to the next pattern, and sometimes it chooses when to repeat a pattern before moving to the next (when there is no repeat designation).

Since the crash from the other day that I mentioned, I increased the samples. I was wondering if perhaps I inadvertently changed a setting while trying to tweak the app for optimal performance. It is the only app I have besides the AUv3 for it, so less than 10 “apps.” I dont run other processes when recording in Drambo, like internet or email or texts etc, as well.

It is hard to work on a track ATM because I can’t anticipate when the clip launcher will behave. So i am doing just pattern by pattern so as not to get frustrated with random jumps.

Has anyone else have the clip launcher do this and what have you done to make it back in shape?

Thanx

NB:The only difference in my entire iOS/workflow environment is that I hardwired my headphones. I have also bought two different adapters to make sure it wasn’t a bad adapter (one was possible, two is unlikely). [it hasn’t crashed since the second adapter btw, which was of somewhat better quality]

Comments

• It must be the AUv3….isymphonic orchestra is not what you would think it is. It wouldn’t output sound/crashed on mixdown with drambo, and there is nothing to be done about it

Instead unfortunately I found out too late there is a superior AUv3 called “Mini Orchestra” by GSi and it is amazing. it’s exactly what it says but better than isymphonic in every way.

anyone looking for orchestral/symphonic parts, and you are using and iPad, mini orchestra is it

• @FearAndLoathing I also had issues with iSymphonic, when I started organise my string sounds on iOS

so I ended up with the BeatHawk sample packs and Korg’s selection of solo and orchestral

IAP’s in their Module to thicken and add brightness to the sound.

I’ll be sure to checkout “Mini Orchestra” by GSi as I do like my strings for when I’m composing more traditionally.

Thanks for suggestion.

• edited April 2023

@gravitas yeah dude, i was going to DM you actually to let you know because I know you are the type/level of musician who might be attracted to a nice portable orchestral app like iSymphonic. I was about to do the Beathawk+IAP but I am really getting at home with Drambo, so I didn’t want to start a whole new “binge” on learning Beathawk and then where do you stop with those IAP, which was my concern with Crudebyte. But totally, on the same page my friend (and Beathawk and all IAP are on sale now too, which was really a hard toss up, but I went with GSi since I didn’t need anything else.)

As far as OT, After battling Drambo, settings, peripherals and hardware, iOS settings, background refresh app, offline, etc I got a funny reply from Crudebyte. I wont “repost” it but it essentially it dismissed me as anomaly but a few minutes later, they must’ve tested it and sent a quick follow up that instructed me to turn off my network, make sure it was offline and do an offline/freeze mixdown. So being a former CS minor, I immediately went to check on the apps running background/network and sure enough: Crudebyte was hogging the network to the point I was wondering what it was doing at all without IAA or any Host apps, and I stay offline mostly….so their “low resource” VST is bullshit IMO. If it only half works with low cpu, that means, it does not work, at all.

[side bar on finding auv3: As you know, There were absolutely no contender apps in this space because SWAM is $30 per instrument and there was nothing else. I went online and kept searching and searching until finally in the App Store “Mini Orchestra” appeared, [edit: it only appears on iPad search btw] as if an algorithm was hiding it before. It turns out this app was out for at least a month, probably more, and no one has heard, or even announced it. I found one audiobus post about it with only one guy who took the plunge, and another “tester” who was flippant that he wouldn’t get a free copy (what a racket, make a channel and just ask devs for codes, free music all day…) and I said to myself, if the app is too good to give away to testers and was just released with the Back to the future video showing its power, so it must not have the need to give out deals or demos. I had $19 in my Apple account and serendipity kicked in because I had looked for months straight for something besides iSymphonic and it’s worth triple or quadrupole the price of iSymphonic really. With that said, I only lost a little over $10 and I didn’t go down the Crudebyte overpriced IAP hustle, as so many regret. Now I have all the AUv3 I could ever use.]

luckily its MIDI so i was able to salvage the tracks I was having my problems in, replaced it with Mini Orchestra and problem solved ($20 finally worth an AUv3 besides Drambo, like really, I mean guys charge crazy prices for often real crap, and IMO iSymphonic is so misleading, and then it ends up not really working or destroying your tracks. IDK why GSi doesn’t advertise.)

I hope if anyone has a problem like this, now you know to check your AUv3!

• That's an interesting issue in regards to Crudebyte hogging the network.

I haven't used iSymphonic for ages, though they do sound good

it wasn't stable enough as an auv3 for me to use regularly at the time

now I simply use the aforementioned BeatHawk and Korg module for my strings.

Here's an example,

This piece was from when I was learning how to use dRambo as a seqeuncer in AUM.

The string sounds are mainly BeatHawk and the drums are a selection of samples

from Loop Loft that I've had floating around for ages which I really like.

In regards to "Mini Orchestra" and promotion, it was advertised in the iOS FB Groups

a couple of months age and because I've already got a nice palette for stings

I blissfully carried on.

Yeah, there are users who call themselves beta testers and are merely

after freebies and not into enabling a product to function correctly.

It's an issue across all of the platforms not only the iOS platform.

Ahhhh yes, here's another example from the same period of time, enjoy.

• I really like Origami. Great compositional structure and arrangement choices. Beautiful and tasteful layering. And yeah, the Beathawk strings sound pretty darn good actually.

Conversation is clearly more advanced, and beautiful work on the instruments themselves (I like your guitar). Again, the symphonic elements sound great. I particularly like the circa 2:30 motif change, reminds me of a Russian movement, really great composition there.

What do the packs cost? Im curious because with Beathawk on sale it’s $5 now and IAP are half off. Im just trying to get a sense of $

• Thank you.

In regards to the pricing of the packs themselves, I wouldn't know because I have them already.

The packs that I use from BeatHawk are as follows,

String Ensemble, Tutti Orchestra, Brass Ensemble and Woodwinds.

When I wrote these pieces I didn't have the Korg Module strings but

I would recommended getting them at some point.

Their solo violin and solo cello are really nice and their ensembles

have velocity articulation which is also rather fun.

The best solo instruments without getting a real player in are

the ones from SWAM but they do come at a premium.

Wisdom says wait until the sales. :)